BT broadband offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Drop the included calls on your BB package & buy a VoIP phone if you want to make calls from your house & not your mobile, I can recommend the Siemens Gigaset range, as they will allow you to get your incoming calls via the PSTN & make outgoing calls via the VoIP provider

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I don't know why BT have been charging some people so much for BT landline, broadband and calls... it's always been £26.99 or £23.99 for ours since we got it- been with them for years, tried TalkTalk for a year but they had so many additional charges, which were hidden away in the small print, we went straight back to BT. Am I missing something obvious?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I use Plusnet too. At the moment it is a non-fibre connection but I get 15 Mb/s and that is fine most of the time since I am the only one using it and I don't stream 4k video.

I only pay about £18/mo because I signed up a couple of customers and get a rebate for every month that they remain on Plusnet. If I got stuck in and got 10+ people to sign up, I'd get my service free and could even start earning some money! :okay:
I'm binning Plusnet at the end of the month. My WiFi is appalling (every time my daughter comes home and I'm working, the router drops out, I have to hard wire now), they gave me an upgraded router, it won't configure, and I can't get hold of anyone to fix it. They also said they'd "corrected a fault" at the exchange, which is round the corner from me, and yet that did three tenths of bugger all.

I hate Virgin Media, but I may have to go back to them.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm binning Plusnet at the end of the month. My WiFi is appalling (every time my daughter comes home and I'm working, the router drops out, I have to hard wire now), they gave me an upgraded router, it won't configure, and I can't get hold of anyone to fix it. They also said they'd "corrected a fault" at the exchange, which is round the corner from me, and yet that did three tenths of bugger all.

I hate Virgin Media, but I may have to go back to them.
But your WiFi is not really their problem, if you get the required results at the router, then the internals of your house are your issue, buy another router?

Dec66

But your WiFi is not really their problem, if you get the required results at the router, then the internals of your house are your issue, buy another router?
It's not the internals of the house; if I'm on wifi, working, regardless of where I am sitting, and she walks in and her phone connects to the wifi network... Bang.

I have to have an ethernet cable to my laptop from the router to avoid it.

As I said in my post, they gave me an upgraded router, but it refuses to configure, and I can't get through to them to have them check.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wow, where can I get some of those? ^_^

Argh, my dyslexic fingers. They didn't work on the Wife :whistle:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It's always my laptop our my phone that drops wifi in our house when Mrs A_T walks in with her phone connected- she must have a magical force field.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My Plusnet router is on the ground floor. I can go up 2 flights of stairs and to the far side of my large attic bedroom/office and still get a decent wifi signal up there.

When I moved here I assumed that I wouldn't get a decent wifi signal that far from the router so I ran an ethernet cable up there but I have never actually felt the need to plug it in!

It's not the internals of the house; if I'm on wifi, working, regardless of where I am sitting, and she walks in and her phone connects to the wifi network... Bang.
Take a look at THIS and see if it helps?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
@Dec66 , what's a mesh disc and how do they work?

Edit: just googled and found two prices £199 and £72!! Do the £72 ones works as well, if so who'd buy the £199 ones and why?

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-seamless-connection-everywhere-complete/dp/B01NBMMVG7

They all work well - mine were 'free' as such with the Halo 1/2 package, but if you've a different router or package, then you can get 3 extenders.

You put them somewhere in the middle of the zone which has poor reception, so we have one on the opposite side of the lounge to relay the signal into the back garden (router is on front corner of house). One disc upstairs in son's room, so relays router signal across upstairs (almost directly above router), then the next disc is in the garage, but seeing as though I have powerline Ethernet in the garage, it's plugged in by cable, which guarantees a full speed slink to the router, and gives enough range to reach the shed office at the far end of the garden.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have to have an ethernet cable to my laptop from the router to avoid it.

As I said in my post, they gave me an upgraded router, but it refuses to configure, and I can't get through to them to have them check.
Sorry I really am not trying to defend them I've had my share of arguments with Plusnet in the past, bearing in mind I still work for the guy who founded the company. However I've never had an issue getting through to their tech guys & once through they are normally very good, you just have to call the 0800 number & then put it on hands free for 40-50 minutes. In your situation you would have to be close to the phone point, have both routers powered up & an Ethernet cable available.

Dec66

My Plusnet router is on the ground floor. I can go up 2 flights of stairs and to the far side of my large attic bedroom/office and still get a decent wifi signal up there.

When I moved here I assumed that I wouldn't get a decent wifi signal that far from the router so I ran an ethernet cable up there but I have never actually felt the need to plug it in!

Take a look at THIS and see if it helps?
Sadly not. There's no issue when I'm not working on wifi; only when I am, and she comes in.

Top Bottom