BT broadband offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Смешно!
Свен так не думал!

Venod

Eh up
I changed to Vodafone from TalkTalk it was a good deal, free Amazon Alexa, plus £100 Amazon Voucher, I thought it was one or the other but I got both, we pay less than £20 a month it should have been more but they have not met the speeds promised so we get a reduction, its still fast enough, I liked my old router and the TV Hifi and Nas Drive are all plugged into it, I just connected the new router into the old one so we have two WiFi networks, any visitors I connect to the new router, this would work for the problem mentioned above were someone enters the house and it disconnects the WiFi for them. @Dec66

D

Deleted member 26715

I have a Mesh set up, bought from PC World (Tenda, it has three units, which give me wifi throughout the house including Conservatory and a large garden). It was truly "plug and play", and cost about £60-£70. Very impressed with it. We are with Talktalk for BB.
Quite funny I bought the same set, then packaged them up & sent them back they didn't work for us,

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
You don't say what your monthly cost is so it's hard to judge what you should do.

All I can offer is we moved from BT, £73/month, to Sky, £25/month which is a saving of £576 pa. No reduction in service etc.

BT are always the highest cost provider. No complaints about the service we received but decided paying 3x as much was getting a bit silly. My advice would be to move!!
Sorry fair comment we are paying about £60 for BB & phone. So looking at the other posts I doubt I will be signing up with BT for a further 2yrs

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Another BT customer that was being charged £60 a month for broadband and a phone I never used. Went with EE and now pay £24 a month. I have to pay for every phone call I make but every month that comes to about £0.30 p a month. BT were a rip off IMHO
How have you found EE. Im always concerned about loss of service. Also I like being able to split the signal on the smarthub. Is that possible with EE or indeed any other providers router ?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
How have you found EE. Im always concerned about loss of service. Also I like being able to split the signal on the smarthub. Is that possible with EE or indeed any other providers router ?

Brilliant. No loss of service ever. Not sure about the other

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I pay £71 with BT, but that’s for broadband, landline and BT sports package. It’s actually up for renewal this month, so will be paying less very soon

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Zen & Plusnet seem to be getting very good reviews. Particularly Zen

They are quoting £29.99 per mth guaranteed no increase. According to Moneysupermarket that price includes line rental. Really ??

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Zen & Plusnet seem to be getting very good reviews. Particularly Zen

They are quoting £29.99 per mth guaranteed no increase. According to Moneysupermarket that price includes line rental. Really ??

EE costs me £24.00 A month and that Includes line rental.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just checked... A recent 18 month contract renewal with Plusnet gave me line rental, and unlimited broadband for £19.99 a month, but as I mentioned before, I get a reduction for signing up a couple of people. I am actually paying £16.24 a month.

They will sneak that back up to £31+ / month at the end of the 18 months. I just get in touch with them a month before the end of the contract and say that I am thinking of going to TalkTalk (whoever) and they immediately offer me an 18 month extension at not much more than the price of the previous contract.

Venod

Eh up
As mentioned above less than £20 for BB and line rental with Vodafone, but we get a reduction, I think the full price is about £23.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
When I first moved here I could only get BT (phone and BB) and was paying £42.50 a month. I can now get other providers and have changed to Plusnet at £18.99 a month. The changeover was very painless and easy.

Whilst I'm on a big shout for TalkTalk. I was with them in my previous house and when I moved they waived the early cancellation fee (about £130) as they couldn't cover my new place. I didn't expect that.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Our IT contractor was singing the praises of Zen today. It maybe the way I go except swmbo and my mother in law speak to each other every night on the landline. This is because the mobile signal out here is pants.

Venod

Eh up
This is because the mobile signal out here is pants.

I changed from Plusnet Mobile to ID mobile, Plusnet use the EE network which was a poor signal at home, they don't have WiFi calling.
ID has WiFi calling if your mobile signal is weak.

Top Bottom