Bugger! (Not for squeamish)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
MTB flat's perchance ? OUCH !

I know MTB'ers prefer flats for the 'bail out options' but given most have nasty studs, I see loads of MTB'ers with big cuts from the pedals. I'll stick with SPD and SPD Trail pedals, less sharp edges ! :wacko:

OP
OP
drummerbod

drummerbod

MTB flat's perchance ? OUCH !

I know MTB'ers prefer flats for the 'bail out options' but given most have nasty studs, I see loads of MTB'ers with big cuts from the pedals. I'll stick with SPD and SPD Trail pedals, less sharp edges ! :wacko:

Yep - flats. First time it's happened but really don't want that again!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yep - flats. First time it's happened but really don't want that again!!

Ouch. I know they are popular, for good reasons as you can bail easy on steep descents, but some pedals are proper nasty. At least SPD don't have anything sharp on them - they still hurt when they whack your shin, but don't tear you up.

You'll have a great scar though ! :okay:

simon.r

Person
Pahh, call that a scar?!

IMG_2137.JPG

This may have been a shark bite...or sliding down the road under a motorbike...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
That will make a nice scar. But you will have to come up with a better story as to how you got it
Like running James Bond style across a moat full of alligators. That's what he'll be telling the grandkids in a few years.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was attacked by my hybrid pedals on the CC Hampshire Bimble in 2011. I still bear the scars.
I do not understand why so many hybrids come with nasty toothed or studded pedals instead of nice friendly rubber block ones. If you slip off a rubber block - which is fairly difficult to do, requiring some combo of water, smooth shoe sole and sideways rather than downwards pressure - it bounces off your shin with the worst damage usually being a little dirt on your trousers. It's not like the vicious pedals are cheaper, even. It just seems to be a bloody stupid fashion where people think hard teeth or pins are less slippy than rubber, which they ain't! :cursing:

keithmac

Guru
I saw a picture of a lad who had his arm and hand "degloved". Somehow got his hand trapped against a tyre while go-carting..

One of out customers got caught in a potato havesting machine after kicking a stone out of the rollers at the back, took 4 hours to extract him from the harvester poor bloke..

Top Bottom