Building a couple of 20" wheel tadpole e-trike from scratch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Ken is one happy man

@neil earley
He will be after xmas and the refurb / upgrades. The seats ( both trikes ) aren't going on until the trikes have been repainted , The seats stand a better chance of survival :cursing: .

:cheers:

My cream fabric turned up today by Royal Mail 48:laugh: ( only 24 hours late ) :evil:
So we have all the bits :bravo: but limited time :cry:

Next jobs , a bit of car maintenance and a trip down into the dark country of the Dragons.

Regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
today started well until wetness descended from the sky , as the workshop is full of my other workshop (mums) we were forced to work just outside the workshop , still seat blank now drilled for accessories and ready to cover .
A wet and fed up old bird
regards Emma
WP_20181208_13_14_47_Pro.jpg

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Looking good.:hyper:
You definitely need some :sun: & :heat: .

Regarding the post times (48Hr) being 24Hr late, you should try living in Moray Scotland.
We're lucky if it's only 48Hr's late :rolleyes: and we're told that's Quick as sometimes it can take up to a week!:eek:

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Our current problem is a lack of working space the more we bring over from mums ,the smaller our workspace is getting , So until Christmas its tidy the garage and locate a 2nd garage from somewhere .
A lot of the tools from mums have gone but still a lot more tools and bike/trike bits to re home.

Later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

The last few weeks have been rather hectic:eek: , The house is sold stc ^_^ , Another week down in Wales - :addict: well perhaps ( you will have to wait and see ) and some furniture demolition ( to feed the log fire )

Replacing the alloy wheels on the tow car ( found one was buckled ) an MOT and disposing of some of mums household bits and pieces . Reduced the last 3 weeks triking down to Nothing - Today's good weather (10c and sunny ) and the lack of open shops ( hurray ) allowed us to air our legs and do a mid-morning trike ride to Brighton .

How I have missed the hills and hope to do it all again tomorrow

Enjoy the break everyone

The hamster bags are off mine as we are waiting for January to strip and respray both trikes ( locals ) before fitting the new seats and making the new brake mounts to fit the 203mm rotors

Regards Ken and emma
xmasls.jpg

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks .
Having failed miserably that we didn't get a ride in on boxing day, we decided to go out today to the peace statue in Hove , a round trip of 16 miles in near perfect conditions 10c and calm on a sunny December day . From Peacehaven we followed the sustran route 2 to Saltdean as usual and dropped down to the undercliff , The part near the marina was wet and very chalky so we diverted along the harbour wall and went through the marina village before coming out to madeira drive , We stopped in Brighton to look at the graffiti at the west end of the marina and at the shelter hall currently being refurbished before arriving at the peace statue. Then home for lunch and mug of tea.
WP_20181227_12_56_41_Pro.jpg
WP_20181227_12_55_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20181227_12_37_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20181227_12_21_51_Pro.jpg
WP_20181227_12_21_27_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20181227_12_37_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181227_12_37_10_Pro.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 37
  • WP_20181227_12_21_27_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181227_12_21_27_Pro.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
With 32 hours before the end of 2018 , I have achieved my minimum mu leave for the year despite losing mum earlier in the year and spending a lot of time clearing the house . There has been a lot of ups and downs this year but can say I made it through. Final ride today for 2018 , 15 miles and a puncture on a fast descent, looking forward to 2019 and a better year I hope . Thanks for reading and commenting on the further adventures of the two trikes and next stage is the front brake upgrades to 203mm rotors , happy new year everyone
WP_20181230_15_09_25_Pro.jpg

Brighton Pier at 15:00 today as the sun ( what sun ) was going down .
Later's Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi folks

We have managed to tidy up the garage and dump quite a bit and have enough space now to start the 203mm disc upgrades . Templates and conversion plates made on the first trike and hope to complete the first one tomorrow ( with luck )
photos to follow.

regards Emma

Top Bottom