Building the Dream Bike. An 80s Peugeot/Campagnolo Eroica restoration.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
haven't seen many 6/7 speed Campagnolo freewheels about. I need a 36 hole rear and a 32 hole front

Which is exactly what I sold early last year, they did make good money though so be prepared to get your cheque book out for a decent set

OP
OP
Sticky Green

Sticky Green

Which is exactly what I sold early last year, they did make good money though so be prepared to get your cheque book out for a decent set
Thanks Gunk. I'm not surprised that they are expensive, I've already spent quite a bit on this bike and I still have a long wish list. I managed to get the aero bottle and cage "cheap" at £85 with delivery. 😯 I bet a couple of years ago they were going cheaper.

OP
OP
Sticky Green

Sticky Green

That's the front hub bought (campagnolo chorus). Iooks like 32 hole🤞. Now to find that rear. Shame the skewer doesn't match my rear one.

OP
OP
Sticky Green

Sticky Green

Found this rear hub labelled "Campagnolo Chorus Athena hub Post 6v 36 holes Vintage Hubs Rear 126mm Vintage" it looks a match for the front hub I bought. Any ideas?

Another purchase, this time from Italy. They need some work and some blocks, but I believe they are period correct. Didn't realise how expensive the blocks are for these things. 🤪 View attachment 624554 View attachment 624555
Those short fixing studs are a right pain ! I have a pair and I may try to source some longer studs . I wonder if my brother could make me up a pair ?

OP
OP
Sticky Green

Sticky Green

That should do the trick, however I would personally fit a slightly later hub with a proper splined freewheel
Thanks, I think I need to do some reading on hub and cassette brand compatibility.

OP
OP
Sticky Green

Sticky Green

Still looking for a rear hub. In the meantime, here are my saddle choices so far. What gets your vote?

Brookes B17
Selle Italia Bullitt Turbo
Selle San Marco Rolls

Or do you have a better suggestion?

Last edited:
Top Bottom