"But I would cycle 5000 miles" / The CC 2014 comitment thread / Right Here, Right Now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I managed about 4500 in 2012 but only about 2500 last year. I'm going to set a target of 5000 but won't be too upset if I don't make it. I'm more looking forward to getting fit and taking my bike to more places.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This is a good excuse (and opportunity) for some of you to sign up to 2014's Imperial century a month challenge.

Col5632

Guru
I'm aiming for 4,000, 900 in 2011, 2,100 in 2012 and 3,100 in 2013 so its another big jump but i plan on extending my commute more this year ;)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm all for setting low targets and failing to meet them.
Tan Hill is what 70 miles? Good look with that one

I started in Reeth....

Snapper88

I have already set myself a 5000 mile target for this year. Not sure how many I did this year (lacked a decent cycle comp & could never remember to turn Strava on) now have a Gamin edge 200. I figured I only have to ride an extra 2 miles a day to & from work & one decent weekend ride

ASC1951

Guru
Same target as last year - 3650 miles and I may well miss it again. Running target 365 miles (also missed) and swimming 160 miles (achieved, yipee!)

snorri

Legendary Member
Am i right in assuming that those who live and mainly cycle in flat parts of Britain have an advantage in terms of miles covered over those who live in hilly parts?:scratch:
No. It's a well known fact that cyclists in flat parts of Britain suffer more from headwinds than those in hilly parts, however I hear an age related correction factor has been introduced this year which allows eligible cyclists to apply stealth increments to their actual cycled mileages.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
How many did you do in 2013? And in 2012?

Me, I'm setting 7500 as my target. I did 6640 in 2012 and 6688 in 2013 so it's a jump.

48 miles different between 2013 and 2013 but 7500 in 2014. That a 812 mile difference.

I think you are suffering with early Yorkshire TDF fever.

By the way you don't need to disinfect for Yorkshire TDF Fever.

Steve

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
48 miles different between 2013 and 2013 but 7500 in 2014. That a 812 mile difference.

I think you are suffering with early Yorkshire TDF fever.

By the way you don't need to disinfect for Yorkshire TDF Fever.

Steve

Possibly, but then I did a load of running/swimming in 2013 in preparation for two triathlons and had a mileage target of 5000. If I do any this year it'll be an early one.

Yorkshire TDF fever? There's certainly a lot more riders going up Holme Moss and on the route than before it was announced.

Top Bottom