Buying a bike off eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludacris

I’m in a bit of a quandary, mostly self-inflicted.

I’m looking at a bike in London and need to get it back up to Scotland but the seller has pick-up only on the listing, as they don’t want to box it for posting, I think because they don’t know how to dismantle.

Looking for any ideas on how I can solve my problem.

TIA

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Buy a different bike. If a seller won't post, short of you going to pick it up you are stuck.

OP
OP
Ludacris

Ludacris

Buy a different bike. If a seller won't post, short of you going to pick it up you are stuck.
I’ve kinda got my heart set on it and they’re not that easy to come by. I believe where there’s a will there’s a way but I’m clutching at straws now.

As Milkfloat says, if the seller won't bend your on a hiding to nothing. Unless you fancy headin' darn sarf yourself.

Only other thing I can think is do you anyone in London who could go and pack it up for the seller?

What's the bike anyway?

OP
OP
Ludacris

Ludacris

As Milkfloat says, if the seller won't bend your on a hiding to nothing. Unless you fancy headin' darn sarf yourself.

Only other thing I can think is do you anyone in London who could go and pack it up for the seller?

What's the bike anyway?
I can’t tell you because you might steal it from under my nose.^_^

I've looked at train planes and automobiles but not financially feasible.

OP
OP
Ludacris

Ludacris

As per @Milkfloat earlier e mail .

Or pay a private courier to collect
Yeah, looked at this but it would need to be boxed and hereby lies the problem.

vickster

Legendary Member
Whereabouts in London specifically, ‘it’s a very big place. Maybe the seller could deliver to LBS and you pay them to do it?
My LBS does for £40, Paisley Freight is like £30 on top
  • Bike boxed for transport – £40

OP
OP
Ludacris

Ludacris

Ey up, its in North London, I contacted a couple of LBS,s but I think they’re that busy just now they won’t reply. This idea was my first option.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ey up, its in Ealing, I contacted a couple of LBS,s but I think they’re that busy just now they won’t reply. This idea was my first option.
Yep, LBS are busy, but even if you have to wait 2 weeks if it’s the one? rent a car drive down and back in a day?

Top Bottom