Buying a helmet - Advice sought from helmet wearers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Whereas the other helmet thread is groaning at the seams with politeness.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Ive quite a wide head & Bell Avanti fits it very comfortably, I'm onto my 3rd. Giro and Decathlon's own brand are comfy too. Specialized helmets are like instruments of torture on me though, they are more round and press hard just in front of my ears.

edited a bit

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
No, just been there done that 20 years ago and actually used helmets at speeds cyclists can't. My point was to simply put off the input of 'pro-choice' apologists, as this is not a debate thread.

I'm buying one, end of.

Russell
There are nice ways to do this ....
FWIW I think M'cycle helmets are a whole other kettle of fish and has little or no bearing on cycle helmets.
Anyhow, a Bell bicyle helmet resides in my garage in case (like local TTs) they are compulsary .... :rolleyes:

No, just been there done that 20 years ago and actually used helmets at speeds cyclists can't. My point was to simply put off the input of 'pro-choice' apologists, as this is not a debate thread.

I'm buying one, end of.

Russell
Easy tiger. No one has any intention of trying to persuade you otherwise. Wear a helmet, no one gives a hoot. But you might want to temper your aggressive tone just a little.

And, FYI, this section is entitled 'Helmet debates'. Not an ideal location if you're seeking advice. One of the mods will move it for you if you ask nicely.

lb81

I have a fat head! After much searching, sticking helmets on my head and lots of cursing i have purchased a Bell XLV. Its XL and apparently accommodates a bonce of up to 65cm. All i know is its the only helmet out of about 50 that can fit a fleece buff under it and does not foul on my glasses at the back where the adjuster is!

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Buy the one that fits best and for me (and my large cranium) it's the Specialized Echelon. On my 3rd one (over 6 or 7 years of constant usage) and I've tried more expensive ones on in shops but for me the Echelon is the most comfortable and best fitting. HTH.

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
And, FYI, this section is entitled 'Helmet debates'. Not an ideal location if you're seeking advice. One of the mods will move it for you if you ask nicely.
My bad. Using the forum search, mostly threw up results for this sub forum, the tone of which suggests a defensive stance should be adopted from the off. I apologise for offence caused to those with thin skin.

I shall look harder in future, or at least admit I need to wear my glasses more than I think I do. :sad:

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom