Buying a helmet - Advice sought from helmet wearers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Come on Cyclechat, the OP VERY CLEARLY wanted advice on which helmet would fit him best, and specifically asked people who don't agree with the effectiveness of helmets to not clutter this thread with such arguments. The FIRST RESPONSE managed to go off topic (suggesting he didn't need one). Really???
Are you drunk?

Hawk

Veteran
Are you drunk?

:giggle: Ahhh, Mickle.

Not that I'm aware of!! Have I got this all wrong?

Just seemed the OP, despite being on the defensive from the outset, seems to have got people giving him advice as to whether or not to get a helmet throughout this thread, rather than sticking to topic...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Before ever it veered off (inevitably given the ...errr... robust views expressed) he got decent advice.

doctornige

Russ, WHAT DID YOU BUY, and DID IT FIT YOUR HEID?

Please do not bother reporting back on if it SAVED YOUR LIFE because the wicker basket shoppers will not want to know.

Licramite

Über Member
If you haven't got a helmet yet - and I'm to looking for a replacement so am in the same boat.
I'm debating about getting one from america , I believe (yet to confirm) that the american helmets are tested to a higher standard than the european approved helmets sold in this country.

might be worth a thought.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Well he doesn't wear one (and the halo doesn't count) ....

christ_on_a_bike.jpg

.... but God clearly thinks it a good idea....

god.jpg

as does Bhudda ....

Buddha1.jpg

Licramite

Über Member
five non-full face helmets available in the UK that meet Snell standards. All from Specialized, and in the UK
all carrying the EN1078 sticker (but nevertheless manufactured to Snell standards), they are: the Aurora, Telluride, AirForce, KidCobra, and Deuce.
Snell is definately superior to EN1078 and the old BS standard.

and yes jesus should have worn one , he got totally nailed.

StuartG

slower but further
Just get a motorbike helmet. I believe they are pretty but not completely effective. Yes a bit heavy and ventilation may be an issue. However AFAIK no-one has yet found a way to economically lighten the load or vent without seriously impacting (sorry!) the protection offered.

Reactions: 4F
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom