Buying a helmet - Advice sought from helmet wearers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldspice

Good luck on your quest. Roads are getting worse, so i hope you get a new helmet soon:thumbsup:

I too am blessed with a larger than average swede, and I currently have two helmets.

My everyday, (who am I kidding but hey ho!), helmet is a MET Inferno. It's past it's best TBH but fit wise has always been great.

My new helmet is a Mavic Plasma SLR in black, and while not quite as generous as the MET is still a great fit IMO.

FWIW when I rode MTB's I had a Bell something or other until it got annihilated in a crash, and then a Specialized Chamonix, both were also a great fit.

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
As somone who's worked in bike shops for twenty odd years I've sold and fitted literally thousands of cycle helmets. Would you reject my advice just because i choose not to wear one?
No, I'd balance it against other advice and draw my own conclusion. I'd be happy to hear what that opinion is though.

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Good luck on your quest. Roads are getting worse, so i hope you get a new helmet soon:thumbsup:
You're not kidding. I gave up riding motorbikes on the road and went track only, for this very reason.

Luckily, 90% of my riding will be on Cambridgeshire's misguided bus-way, which is mercifully free of cars.

Russell

Where's the tin foil hat picture when you need it ....

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Don't tell Pat5mph, but cats need tin foil hats too!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
2189285 said:
I don't know, what is wrong with a polite enquiry to find out why the opinion is held?

Leave me alone...

HovR

Über Member
You're not kidding. I gave up riding motorbikes on the road and went track only, for this very reason.

Luckily, 90% of my riding will be on Cambridgeshire's misguided bus-way, which is mercifully free of cars.

Russell

The bus-way? Think you picked the wrong hobby, you want canoeing. :tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Please explain.

Well you've given it away now.
You should have mentioned the weather in your post.
And there was I going to strip off you, thinking you meant cycling on roads in general is rubbish.

Anyway.. rubbish in the roads is a right nuisance. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom