Buying online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has a heavier wheelset fitted, too, which is what put me off a bit. I think the Rival model is the sweetspot in the range. Apparently the frameset retails for 2 grand on its own, so they're all pretty good value.

Yes, but aren’t you checking the size of the frame of the bike only so it doesn’t matter what the wheels are? Or are you looking to try out the style and feel of the bike as well?

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I've now emailed every Focus dealer in the south of England and Wales from the list on their website. No luck so far.
Yes, but aren’t you checking the size of the frame of the bike only so it doesn’t matter what the wheels are? Or are you looking to try out the style and feel of the bike as well?

Apologies, I thought you were suggesting buying one, as the one I want is rarer than hen's dentures. Plus, I'd still have the rigmarole of trying to locate a branch of Evans that had that bike in stock and in the right size. Probably up in the Lake District! ^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
I've now emailed every Focus dealer in the south of England and Wales from the list on their website. No luck so far.

Apologies, I thought you were suggesting buying one, as the one I want is rarer than hen's dentures. Plus, I'd still have the rigmarole of trying to locate a branch of Evans that had that bike in stock and in the right size. Probably up in the Lake District! ^_^
They’ll get it in for you, deposit but no obligation (unless they changed the rules)

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
My LBS does a "fit and build" service for fifty quid. They get you in for a basic bike fit to determine the right size then you order your bike online and get it delivered to them. When it arrives they build it up for you. If I'd known about it before I would have used it, seems like a good idea... might be worth asking your LBS if they have a similar service.
They charge you for a bike fit if you buy the bike form them,:wacko: Y ou need to find a proper bike shop. Our local LBS will set you up on the bike and throw in a few extras if you buy a bike from them, and there prices are competitive,

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Well, that's put a stick in me spokes. Just had a reply from the young lady who owns this bike and she said she's 5' 6" and it fits her just fine. Apparently she has moved to Asia and they don't do CX there, so she never took it with her.
That's surprising - I'm 5'5" and there's no way I could fit on 54cm with a horizontal top tube - expect she has much longer legs than me :smile:. My bikes are more 48/50cm. Admittably, no experience of Focus sizing.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well, that's put a stick in me spokes. Just had a reply from the young lady who owns this bike and she said she's 5' 6" and it fits her just fine. Apparently she has moved to Asia and they don't do CX there, so she never took it with her.
Go try it out?

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I'm going over tomorrow, but it looks like the weather will be horrible, so I hope he has a garage or big hallway!

Bristol is about 50-60 mins away. If the bike's a bit big then I can safely order the S from Wheelbase or NRG. Whichever gives me the best deal.

Crankarm

Guru
Looks to be 50 quid for a bike not bought from them to me...

No they take a deposit which comes off the purchase price if you buy the bike or is refunded if you don't. They told me it was to stop time wasters. Genuine buyers won't have a problem with this. I haven't when I have bought bikes from Evans in the past or indeed wanted to test ride one.

Top Bottom