Bye Bye P&L II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It is fascinating the sorts of assumptions people seem to make about the motivations and intentions of people they scarcely know as indicted by some of the comments made here in P&L

Lovely P&L regulars my 'surrender' it isn't about being a delicate flower as anyone who has actually met me could/would tell from the most cursory of glances. I shall tell the Lovely Helen this and she will laugh out loud.

Much of what has gone on in threads in P&L I've taken part in recently has been a dialogue of the deaf. The conversio part of the conversation has been missing. Lobbing brick bats, name calling, may be fun but they get very boring after a while. The point of conversation is to share not to win.

Who has got the time and the energy to spare to waste it in this way? You clearly have, but if no one is listening, if nobody moves even one inch towards the others position, if minds are made up before then debate begins well....

.....I haven't.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Meta-thread tastic! This endless provisionality and deferral is all getting a bit post-modern. I feel the need to start a commentary on this one.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Blinkin' 'eck Greg, a double flounce. That is a much higher degree of difficulty so it should be marked accordingly.
Next thread should clearly be - double or triple?:biggrin:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
Blinkin' 'eck Greg, a double flounce. That is a much higher degree of difficulty so it should be marked accordingly.
Next thread should clearly be - double or triple?:biggrin:

A triple twisting sideways flounce is clearly the only way to follow that. And the landing will need to be clean. I don't think it's ever been done...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Do we have to guess where the next part of this new form of 'conversio' will take place? A message in a bottle? A secret letter in an abandoned locker at Liverpool Street Station? A few words scrawled on the door of the third cubicle from the left of the gents in the new cafe on Snowdon? Will there be clues? This is all terribly exciting!

Landslide

Rare Migrant
theclaud said:
A triple twisting sideways flounce is clearly the only way to follow that. And the landing will need to be clean. I don't think it's ever been done...

Is a triple flounce really needed? Won't he get away with a compact?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
When will the 'flouncing fascists' stop dictating to us how we should flounce? They will be demanding helmets are worn next. We didn't fight a war for this. What's next in Brown's Britain?

Major Ponsonby-Smythe (Mrs).

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think it's really important at a time like this that we remember the wise words of this cartoonist:

duty_calls.png

Origamist

Legendary Member
We already have a Welcome Mat in Beginners, so what about a new sub-forum for leavers? I've been thinking about some possible names - how about: The Taxi Rank, or Au revoir, les enfants or The Departure Lounge. This dedicated area will make forummers last moments more dignified.

Oh, if this suggestion is rejected - I'l be ****ing off too...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom