Cafe becoming political drop shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Is cafe starting to become a drop shop for political chit chat and should those posts be immediately removed rather than mods asking for people to stop??

it would take less time to shut the chat down immediately rather than the mods closing, cleaning, adding a no political chat mod line and then re-opening the thread.

if you want political chit chat - head over to this place and fill your boots https://naca.cyclechat.net/

There does seem to be a number of posters trying to sneak their personal politics in to discussions, especially since the changes to NACA.

I think a bit of self control is needed to save the mods work, and reduce the fall outs.

I agree, they should be moved to NACA or deleted before they take over a thread.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm confused. Does that link mean that NACA does still exist, but as a distinct entity, cut off from the mothership? Unmoderated?

As for politics nudging into the cafe, it's all but impossible to see how that can be entirely avoided, given the nature of the beast. How, for just one example, are you going to exclude politics from a thread discussing the worrying times we live in? So what do you do? Ban any such threads? Wouldn't the cafe be the poorer for such a ban?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I'm confused. Does that link mean that NACA does still exist, but as a distinct entity, cut off from the mothership? Unmoderated?

As for politics nudging into the cafe, it's all but impossible to see how that can be entirely avoided, given the nature of the beast. How, for just one example, are you going to exclude politics from a thread discussing the worrying times we live in? So what do you do? Ban any such threads? Wouldn't the cafe be the poorer for such a ban?
yes - move the thread to the new NACA, its already been modded once, that means it should be moved.....until people learn that this site no longer allows political chit chat.

Shaun has been nice enough to build a new NACA, use it or lose it......

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It's an abuse of human rights to deny us the liberty of protesting against injustice.
protest away...but dont do it here, do it here https://naca.cyclechat.net/

Rocky

Hello decadence
I happen to agree with you @jowwy - but the problem is that politics pervade many threads. Using your criteria The Retirement thread should be moved - one particular poster has complained about the NHS and regularly rants about illegal immigrants arriving on the beaches of southern England. There should be zero tolerance for these posts on the new CC.

Dolorous Edd

How, for just one example, are you going to exclude politics from a thread discussing the worrying times we live in?

It's possible to discuss the issues at hand, and potential solutions to them, without labelling your political opponents as the problem.

Edit: The trouble is, almost any discussion on current affairs becomes one long exercise in political confirmation bias, and some can't resist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom