Cafe becoming political drop shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Blxxdy heck. Will someone tell me what naca means? I've seen that used lately. A new buzzword? I googled it which said nasa aeronautics committee or some such. Oh, what's that other thing? "Woke". A person is woke. What? Like they're awake, as if they have found something new. Meh. whatever. Yes you're right, this is getting political. BTW the other day I heard of "cancel" like someone is canceled (and I have to get used to just having one L instead of two, life just does not seem right). Like, you are canceled. WTH? I think it's just like a big Ignore button. Whatev'z.
News and Current Affairs ( NACA)

Drago

Legendary Member
The difference is that we know how to behave. We've all 'been there - done that'.
As far as I'm aware the Retirement thread has never descended into mud slinging or had to be moderated. Must be some kind of record for a 5000+ page thread on any forum.
Oh and BTW - I don't have any kids and I don't like Werther's. :laugh:
We groan and complain among ourselves and manage to do so without bickering, petty name calling and other stupidness, which is why it gets left alone.

If the usual suspect were capable of doing that they wouldn't have been banished to the the Phantom Zone with General Zod and his chums.

Now they've seen that us retirement thread inhabitants can behave and get trusted with a small degree of latitude they want to spoil it for us because they can't have it for themselves.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We groan and complain among ourselves and manage to do so without bickering, petty name calling and other stupidness, which is why it gets left alone.

If the usual suspect were capable of doing that they wouldn't have been banished to the the Phantom Zone with General Zod and his chums.

Now they've seen that us retirement thread inhabitants can behave and get trusted with a small degree of latitude they want to spoil it for us because they can't have it for themselves.

Trusted? Are you mad Mr Drago? :laugh:

which parts do you disagree with.....are you saying posting bike pictures is political?? building bikes is political??

i'm not normally confused, but this one does confuse me

I think it's the not so subtle difference between a topic having some 'political' element which most posters can discuss with an open mind, and a small group of posters that have a very 'Party Political' angle on topics.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I think it's the not so subtle difference between a topic having some 'political' element which most posters can discuss with an open mind, and a small group of posters that have a very 'Party Political' angle on topics.
what i was trying to get at - is there are many many sections here on CC that have zero political element in them and thats what we should be promoting on the NEW CC.........anything political should be sent over to the other zone.

but people want to turn these areas of cc into political drop shops and thats not on, cafe being one of them.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
What's boring is when it is laboured incessantly as the only angle.

Very true, and also of many cycling issues - pedal spanners springs to mind!

Worrying times is a thread about empty shelves at some supermarkets. A genuine concern.

Politics would seep into almost anything but is it not intentional and not the main issue of discussion. There is no subterfuge.

Mods are there for a purpose but won't have the NACA challenge.

Besides cycling and some other non-cycling topics like food etc. I am sure no one is looking for current issues confined to obituaries of well known identities.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Worrying times is a thread about empty shelves at some supermarkets. A genuine concern.

Politics would seep into almost anything but is it not intentional and not the main issue of discussion. There is no subterfuge.

Mods are there for a purpose but won't have the NACA challenge.

Besides cycling and some other non-cycling topics like food etc. I am sure no one is looking for current issues confined to obituaries of well known identities.
but its been turned into a political thread.......as per the mods note fo removing posts and cleaning the thread

PK99

Legendary Member
building bikes isnt political, posting pictures of rides isnt political, posting questions on cycling isnt political, there are many things in cycling that arent political.....people just choose to make them so and if thats the case, they can go here https://naca.cyclechat.net/

Almost any societal choice is political...

Should there be more cycle lanes? = Political

Cyclist priotity vs cars = Political

restriction of e-bike speed = Political

'Political' simply means relating to public affairs, which is fine for debate.

Sadly, some feel the need to decry any views that don't fit with their own flavour of politics, which tends to kill any meaningful debate, and it rapidly degenerates into childish personal slurs and intended, as well as unintended insults due to people soap-boxing their views, with little consideration to the lived experience of others.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

I think the difference is we should be able to discuss things that may have a political slant to them, but not let it degrade into the usual slanging match that seems to have happened in the past. For instance, I might want to discuss the empty shelves in my local supermarket and ask if it's the same in other areas or have people suggest which supermarkets seem to be less affected, etc, but not let it descend into saying it's all because of that awful Tory government or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom