Cafe becoming political drop shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can I discuss the state of the roads where I live? I broke my pelvis and a couple of ribs back in June whilst cycling and hitting a really bad pothole. The poor condition is widely accepted as being down to a lack of funding from national government to local government. This has a direct impact on cyclists, is political and really needs highlighting. Can I not speak of such things on a cycle forum?

I'd say that's a valid topic for here. Sadly, moderation has to take account of the lowest common denominator, and as you can see from this thread, there are some posters that will disrupt it by preaching their own Party Politics, which kills discussion stone dead.

Some people simply cannot respond to the topic, and see it as an opportunity to push their personal agenda.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
now that is passive aggressive........
But it's not.......

It's Quite Interesting how the meaning - in common usage, that is - of "Passive Aggresive" has changed over time.

Look up the clinical definition, and then see if it applies to any/many of the examples where the phrase is used on t'Internet ...

[ Sorry, bit of an off-topic diversion! ]

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'd say that's a valid topic for here. Sadly, moderation has to take account of the lowest common denominator, and as you can see from this thread, there are some posters that will disrupt it by preaching their own Party Politics, which kills discussion stone dead.

Some people simply cannot respond to the topic, and see it as an opportunity to push their personal agenda.

As you feel people are breaking the rulz, I commend them to you, and recommend you follow the advice.

Backseat Moderating. Attempting to personally dictate to other members what they can or cannot do, post or say on the forums. If something is inappropriate, or needs editing or moving to a more appropriate part of CycleChat, report it.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It's Quite Interesting how the meaning - in common usage, that is - of "Passive Aggresive" has changed over time.

Look up the clinical definition, and then see if it applies to any/many of the examples where the phrase is used on t'Internet ...
Passive-aggressive behavior is a pattern of indirectly expressing negative feelings instead of openly addressing them. ... For example, a passive-aggressive person might appear to agree — perhaps even enthusiastically — with another person's request.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Alright, time to flounce out dramatically I think.

We have here a thread about what is or is not political within the rules, where several posters who have a history of being banned for breaking the rules attempt to define the interpretation of the rules, are then told explicitly by the mods that they disagree with their interpretation of the rules then continue getting in plenty of personal jibes which are also against the rules and a large dollop of backseat moderating, likewise.

Dahlings, I simply cannot countenance such effrontery for a moment longer. It is *so* bad for my complexion and such a waste of my valuable time.

I now leave, leave I tell you, never to darken the doors of this benighted thread ever again.

[flounces off, but will undoubtedly return once baited by one of the above]

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Where has anyone mentioned any political party, on this thread.??

I mean they might have done, I haven't read the whole thing.

And 'personal agenda' is just another way of saying 'topics that are of interest, or concern to a particular person'

Or even their personal point of view, and life experiences.

Are we to have a list of topics that are or are not deemed worthy of discussion??

Who decides, whose point of view, or life experience is more valid.??

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Alright, time to flounce out dramatically I think.

We have here a thread about what is or is not political within the rules, where several posters who have a history of being banned for breaking the rules attempt to define the interpretation of the rules, are then told explicitly by the mods that they disagree with their interpretation of the rules then continue getting in plenty of personal jibes which are also against the rules and a large dollop of backseat moderating, likewise.

Dahlings, I simply cannot countenance such effrontery for a moment longer. It is *so* bad for my complexion and such a waste of my valuable time.

I now leave, leave I tell you, never to darken the doors of this benighted thread ever again.

[flounces off, but will undoubtedly return once baited by one of the above]

Tl, dr

Dahhling.

💃💜💃💚💃💜💚💃💜💚💃💃💃🙄

OP
OP
J

jowwy

the difference in CC since the removal of political chit chat, can be seen by the trending posts now on the site.......no longer being over run by NACA posts and people discussing cycling and all it delivers in a civil manner

OP
OP
J

jowwy

And 'personal agenda' is just another way of saying 'topics that are of interest, or concern to a particular person'

Are we to have a list of topics that are or are not deemed worthy of discussion??

about 3 posts above yours

1632386276311.png

OP
OP
J

jowwy

shaun decided ( the site owner ) no more political threads within CC......honestly it really is that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom