Cafe becoming political drop shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If there’s a post you feel breaks the guidelines, report it. That’s what the rulz say. The mods will make a considered judgement and if the report is reasonable they’ll deal with it.

If you find yourself reporting a lot of posts and nothing happens, then you might want to consider whether it‘s your threshold for offence that’s the problem rather than lax or ineffective moderation.

But the Report button is your go-to. Simple.
its not about offence though or moderation - its about political posts, which the owner of this site wants removed and has supplied a new site for such posts here https://naca.cyclechat.net/

you asked...i answered

who decides what's serious or not?? some people on this site would use that as way to start soap boxing their political view, whether it was a serious post or not......thats how it all starts
And some people could start an argument in an empty lift. As you have shown with this thread and many others.

The hypocrisy is impressive. :notworthy:

I have no problems with Shaun starting the new NACA forum, nor do I have any problem with the Mods being grown-up and intelligent enough to take action if someone is clearly going against the rules by starting or continuing a political discussion on this forum. It is perfectly possible to mention the word 'p*l*t*cs' without it becoming a political discussion and the forum does not need a back seat moderator to do their job for them.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It's not my place to agree or disagree with Shaun's plan.

It's his site, and the mods have a thankless task .

So I'll take this opportunity to thank them.:okay:

Without wanting to appear obsequious,
They've always appeared fairly even handed as far as I can see.

The thread post you reference seems pretty clear that the mods don't think RIP* posts, or money worries, or their causes, are off topic no.

I didn't actually see any party politics in that thread, it must have been modded off before I saw it

I concede I may have gone on about sheep, and or scythes a bit too much for some tastes

But they could broadly come under 'self sufficiency' and self provisioning I guess.

*Claude supplies us with frequent, and rather stark 'RIP' reminders, on an ongoing basis.

Many of which don't make the news, or get remarked on here, is this because they are such a commonplace, as to be not worthy of mention??

Or is it just a case of 'who cares?' as some have opined .??
Modded twice and with mod notes within the thread - maybe you just chose not to see them, they are obvious for all to see

OP
OP
J

jowwy

And some people could start an argument in an empty lift. As you have shown with this thread and many others.

I have no problems with Shaun starting the new NACA forum, nor do I have any problem with the Mods being grown-up and intelligent enough to take action if someone is clearly going against the rules by starting or continuing a political discussion on this forum. It is perfectly possible to mention the word 'p*l*t*cs' without it becoming a political discussion and the forum does not need a back seat moderator to do their job for them.
Pot, Kettle, Black - yet no one knows, agrees or accepts any responsibility for the closure of NACA

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
you have control of everything you post.....just take a step back before posting anything political and say to yourself, should i be posting that here

Well it seems to be working fine so far

I've not been modded for being 'too political' -

- or for 'too anything' as of yet, since the new roolz' came in.

Some folks could do with learning to keep their tempers and not be making aggressive and or rude posts about others on here.

But I don't generally report, and try not to retaliate in kind.

Let the words stand, and speak for themselves , so to speak .

When they go low, we go high.

Or something like that 👍🏼

OP
OP
J

jowwy

so all 15 pages of this thread is back seat moderation or are you just saying ME, as you quoted my post.......and as its 15 pages long and as yet hasnt received any moderation, i'm guessing the MODS are ok with it...if your not, you can practice what you preach and report the thread.

but you are aware by reporting posts, you are in essence " back seat moderating"??

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Who started this bloody contentious, mischief making thread anyway?
Was it Jerembly Cromblyn?

PK99

Legendary Member
Can I discuss the state of the roads where I live? I broke my pelvis and a couple of ribs back in June whilst cycling and hitting a really bad pothole. The poor condition is widely accepted as being down to a lack of funding from national government to local government. This has a direct impact on cyclists, is political and really needs highlighting. Can I not speak of such things on a cycle forum?

Mentioning potholes is factual.

Allocating fault or blame is political.

so all 15 pages of this thread is back seat moderation or are you just saying ME, as you quoted my post.......and as its 15 pages long and as yet hasnt received any moderation, i'm guessing the MODS are ok with it...if your not, you can practice what you preach and report the thread.

but you are aware by reporting posts, you are in essence " back seat moderating"??
No, the whole 15 pages are not back seat moderation, just your contributions. I am not reporting a post and have no intention of doing so, just replying to you individually and pointing out the hypocrisy and irony.

I give the Mods enough credit to let them fulfil their role properly.

By all means carry on if you think they cannot do that.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No, the whole 15 pages are not back seat moderation, just your contributions. I am not reporting a post and have no intention of doing so, just replying to you individually and pointing out the hypocrisy and irony.

I give the Mods enough credit to let them fulfil their role properly.

By all means carry on if you think they cannot do that.
another hater i see - they do seem to be piling up......hit the ignore button if your not happy

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Mentioning potholes is factual.

Allocating fault or blame is political.

It's often freeze thaw action in the winter.

Combined with hgvs.

Or is that a bit contentious?

The science isn't quite 100% proven yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom