Cafe becoming political drop shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Interesting to note that @theclaud "likes" this post when it comes from one of her right-on gang. Yet when I justifiably reported a post in a now locked thread, she accused me of bullying.

Ah, but that was when she thought I had reported a post by another one of the clique. When she discovered that she was mistaken and made an arse of herself, she just made up some lies about how she was referring to a post in which I had allegedly threatened to report someone for talking politics. Lies, plain and simple. That post does not, and never did exist. Just another example of the cliquey pile ons that go on on this site.

I don't use the report button routinely, as I believe the mods have enough to do. But I won't sit back and take a lot of shite from people who talk utter crap and have done so for years. I will fight my own battles - and if it gets me a ban, as this post might well do, then so be it. Been nice speaking to most of you on here! See y'all when the ban is up :okay:.
You threatened Mudsticks in-thread with reporting her post - I obviously have no idea whether you carried out this threatened vexatious reporting. But it's part of a pattern of people constantly trying to police her contributions, as well as bitching about her in one or other of the god's waiting room threads. It's very clear to anyone with eyes to see that a substantial element of this forum resents women with strong opinions who don't flatter and humour them.

It's not my place to agree or disagree with Shaun's plan.

It's his site, and the mods have a thankless task .

So I'll take this opportunity to thank them.:okay:

Without wanting to appear obsequious,
They've always appeared fairly even handed as far as I can see.

<waffle snipped>
Ha ha - that's hilariously evasive! WE ARE the forum - it is very much our place to either go along with Shaun or not. It's all that matters - how WE choose to post! You can't just pretend your posts don't matter, whilst continuing to post pages about why your posts are important :P

(and I'm afraid you failed on the obsequious front ...)

So will you compose future posts in support of Shaun's NACA plan (and resist posting, if necessary)? or will you post whatever you like, whenever you like?

shaun decided ( the site owner ) no more political threads within CC......honestly it really is that simple

It's interesting to see which posters are desperately trying to keep politics on the main board, and trying to obfuscate as much as they can.

It seems painful for them to actually think that they brought this situation to where it is, or to accept that people are simply bored of them and their approach, not the topics themselves.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's interesting to see which posters are desperately trying to keep politics on the main board, and trying to obfuscate as much as they can.

It seems painful for them to actually think that they brought this situation to where it is, or to accept that people are simply bored of them and their approach, not the topics themselves.
Yep. Nice new forum for them to use..........but of course nobody to wind up, and gain attention from their buddies over there!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I wasn't trying to be funny. Claud uses pics of women who have been murdered by MEN. You made the assumption that if you were to get murdered, it would be a man who was responsible then? I'm just pointing out the blindingly obvious, that it might not be a man responsible.

Where did I say that??

And what was the point of pointing it out?

You think we don't know, that's a possibility?

Although the stats do tend to bear the other likelihood out, now you come to mention it, and as Claude has pointed out..

Why are women afraid of 'strange' men, but not strange 'women' so much.?

Are they all just idiots, for feeling that way. ??

Or are there some sound reasons .?

Some sound statistical reasons even.

Personally I just go and do stuff anyway.

Not because I'm not a bit nervous around the whole thing sometimes, I am on occasion , even after decades of doing it.

It's a legitimate fear, for me, and others, and its not groundless.

But I'm not letting the fear of what is a real possibility, but statistically unlikely, stop me from enjoying freedoms, which should be mine, and everyone else's birthright.

Of I do that, then the 'bad guys' have won right??

Just like I'm often quite 'nervous' about bringing stuff up here, I don't like talking about it, it upsets me.

But I know, it really holds a lot of women back from having fully fulfilling lives.

And they're often too afraid to voice their fears, they diminish their own voices even.

Apologise for speaking, before they've even spoken .

To be met with ridicule, or peoples 'we dont care' or 'dont talk about that stuff here' at, is upsetting.

But not as upsetting as hearing about how fearful women are, and how disregarded they feel.

Still, we don't want to bring up difficult stuff do we, let's just stick to gardening right.??

Rocky

Hello decadence
It's very clear to anyone with eyes to see that it's deeply insulting comments like these that has led to the removal of NACA from this forum.
If the cap fits.........

Because I don't find it insulting at all - it sounds like a very fair description of the abuse that Mudsticks, Claud and others get on here and yet others are allowed to post nasty lies about immigrants arriving on boats over running the country and they get no come back.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ha ha - that's hilariously evasive! WE ARE the forum - it is very much our place to either go along with Shaun or not. It's all that matters - how WE choose to post! You can't just pretend your posts don't matter, whilst continuing to post pages about why your posts are important :P

(and I'm afraid you failed on the obsequious front ...)

So will you compose future posts in support of Shaun's NACA plan (and resist posting, if necessary)? or will you post whatever you like, whenever you like?

I've never posted 'whatever I like' 'whenever I've liked.

I've never pretended that my posts don't matter.

They matter to me, if no one else.

And I matter as much as anyone else does here.

But I happen to know that they do matter to others.

Even the ones who might not dare to say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom