Cafe becoming political drop shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
shaun decided ( the site owner ) no more political threads within CC......honestly it really is that simple

Thats not actually an answer to the question that you bolded .

Which was.

"Who decides, whose point of view, or life experience is more valid.??"

I didn't ask about politics.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Thats not actually an answer to the question that you bolded .

Which was.

"Who decides, whose point of view, or life experience is more valid.??"

I didn't ask about politics.
you decide...your an adult, you can discuss debate, chat....just dont bring politics into the discussion...again its pretty simple

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Ahh, I see..

And you thought that was serious..??

We are in trouble aren't we.??:blink:
you asked...i answered

who decides what's serious or not?? some people on this site would use that as way to start soap boxing their political view, whether it was a serious post or not......thats how it all starts

Mo1959

Legendary Member
you asked...i answered

who decides what's serious or not?? some people on this site would use that as way to start soap boxing their political view, whether it was a serious post or not......thats how it all starts
Don't know why you keep answering jowwy. Best ignored. We all read Shaun's post and, given time, things will hopefully settle down and all those that seem to enjoy a good argument can go to the shiny new forum.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Oh, ok I can decide, glad we've cleared that up .

Cos a moment back, it seemed not to be the case...
you have control of everything you post.....just take a step back before posting anything political and say to yourself, should i be posting that here

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Don't know why you keep answering jowwy. Best ignored. We all read Shaun's post and, given time, things will hopefully settle down and all those that seem to enjoy a good argument can go to the shiny new forum.
but if we don't challenge their posts - we will end up with politics being dumped all over this forum again and i don't want that and neither does the owner or the mods ( as far as im aware from their posts in naca when shaun made his announcement)

but i do get what your saying....:okay:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
but if we don't challenge their posts - we will end up with politics being dumped all over this forum again and i don't want that and neither does the owner or the mods ( as far as im aware from their posts in naca when shaun made his announcement)

but i do get what your saying....:okay:
Report button

winjim

Smash the cistern
how safe or otherwise , they feel out cycling by themselves

Can I discuss the state of the roads where I live? I broke my pelvis and a couple of ribs back in June whilst cycling and hitting a really bad pothole. The poor condition is widely accepted as being down to a lack of funding from national government to local government. This has a direct impact on cyclists, is political and really needs highlighting. Can I not speak of such things on a cycle forum?

i would say no - as it will turn into political soap boxing.....new nacca for politics
Mate you're gonna have kittens when you find out about the advocacy and cycling safety subforum.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Mate you're gonna have kittens when you find out about the advocacy and cycling safety subforum.
already seen it and dont go in there.....but if theres is already a place for cycling safety and advocacy, then there is no need to post about it in cafe

Are we to have a list of topics that are or are not deemed worthy of discussion??

Who decides, whose point of view, or life experience is more valid.??
It's quite a simple situation; Shaun/mods have declared a desire to keep certain topics in the new "NACA". It's also been made clear (by numerous precedents) that the Mods will apply discretion where appropriate.

e.g. this post https://www.cyclechat.net/goto/post?id=6539413

You're a grown-up with at least a modicum of education and language skillz; I think you know there will always be grey areas in a grown-up forum such as this one, so some work for the Mods is unsurprising.

Do you agree or disagree with Shaun's plan? Do you support the Mods in their endeavours?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
and do the thing that mods said was happening all to often in the NACA part of the forum.........so a no win situation for them
If there’s a post you feel breaks the guidelines, report it. That’s what the rulz say. The mods will make a considered judgement and if the report is reasonable they’ll deal with it.

If you find yourself reporting a lot of posts and nothing happens, then you might want to consider whether it‘s your threshold for offence that’s the problem rather than lax or ineffective moderation.

But the Report button is your go-to. Simple.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It's quite a simple situation; Shaun/mods have declared a desire to keep certain topics in the new "NACA". It's also been made clear (by numerous precedents) that the Mods will apply discretion where appropriate.

e.g. this post https://www.cyclechat.net/goto/post?id=6539413

You're a grown-up with at least a modicum of education and language skillz; I think you know there will always be grey areas in a grown-up forum such as this one, so some work for the Mods is unsurprising.

Do you agree or disagree with Shaun's plan? Do you support the Mods in their endeavours?

It's not my place to agree or disagree with Shaun's plan.

It's his site, and the mods have a thankless task .

So I'll take this opportunity to thank them.:okay:

Without wanting to appear obsequious,
They've always appeared fairly even handed as far as I can see.

The thread post you reference seems pretty clear that the mods don't think RIP* posts, or money worries, or their causes, are off topic no.

I didn't actually see any party politics in that thread, it must have been modded off before I saw it

I concede I may have gone on about sheep, and or scythes a bit too much for some tastes

But they could broadly come under 'self sufficiency' and self provisioning I guess.

*Claude supplies us with frequent, and rather stark 'RIP' reminders, on an ongoing basis.

Many of which don't make the news, or get remarked on here, is this because they are such a commonplace, as to be not worthy of mention??

Or is it just a case of 'who cares?' as some have opined .??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom