Cafe becoming political drop shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
news, which is no longer allowed on CC
Does that include RIP threads?

if its news - then YES.........im not the one that closed the NEWS and CURRENT AFFAIRS section....

Sadly, some people will try to make mischief and cloud the issues demanding total clarity whatever the mods try. The onus is on the majority to try to avoid engaging with posters playing that game. Moderation starts at our own keyboards.

I think NACA is a bit of a misnomer, as News and Current Affairs are reasonable topics of conversation, it's only when people use that as an excuse to push their own Political Agenda it becomes problematic.

Most people can separate out politics from Politics, so perhaps renaming NACA as Politics and Religion could help clarify things, especially if it came with a clear instruction that those things are best kept off here.

But at least people are laughing, instead of verbally stabbing one another.
Frankly, this is a worrying trend. Some folks aren't taking the forum seriously. And I'm concerned that you've driven the others away.

How are we going to feed the world, fix the inequalities in society, tear down the barricades? You lot laughing at each-others jokes ain't gonna get it done, is it?? Sometimes you need some stabbing to get things done. Ask Trotsky!

Landsurfer

Veteran
I keep getting banned from NACA so it’s not exactly a hotbed of political ferment ....:wacko:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
However, as adults im sure we can come to an understanding of when some topics cross a line and therefore should be moved to NACA and when some topic starters know there is a high chance of deep routed political talk, should start a thread in NACA rather than in CC Cafe... I did say adults.

I'm thinking that this thread discussing the semantics and philosophy of politics probably reached that point in page one somewhere.

PK99

Legendary Member
so me not caring what you think is " condemned behaviour" - get over yourself....

and i agree with quite a few posters in this thread that quite clearly believe the post " worrying news" is both political and news, which is no longer allowed on CC

In my real world "I don't care what you think" is a calculated and deliberate confrontational insult.

YVMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom