Cafe becoming political drop shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So we all agree the thread on Worrying News should be moved to the new NACA???

@Moderators i think that thread should be moved away to the new naca's yard

Perhaps we should nominate the perfect exemplar thread - for newcomers to read before they post, and for us to aspire to, especially when we stray or let our standards slip.

How about "Mundane News"? It's made hundreds of pages without a cross word!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Perhaps we should nominate the perfect exemplar thread - for newcomers to read before they post, and for us to aspire to, especially when we stray or let our standards slip.

How about "Mundane News"? It's made hundreds of pages without a cross word!
I'll nominate the one where we can share how often we have sex, and maybe how many and who with too, what more welcome could a new member of a cycling forum ask for?

Rocky

Hello decadence
I'll nominate the one where we can share how often we have sex, and maybe how many and who with too, what more welcome could a new member of a cycling forum ask for?
.....and senior male CC members can joke about the pleasures of having multiple sexual partners (3-somes I think the word was) at the same time. I know Shaun calls this a family friendly forum - but I don't think he meant friendly in that way.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
From what i can tell NACA doesn't appear that popular. This thread alone would have it has one of the most viewed threads on the new NACA format and this thread was only started a few hours ago! Strange, as it was a highly contributed forum on CC in its old format. Perhaps it really is a popularity thing? I haven't signed up as i can't be bothered with it anymore. I wonder how many feel the same?

Either way politics talk isn't like a switch and therefore IMO would be difficult to moderate as such. However, as adults im sure we can come to an understanding of when some topics cross a line and therefore should be moved to NACA and when some topic starters know there is a high chance of deep routed political talk, should start a thread in NACA rather than in CC Cafe... I did say adults.

Brandane

Legendary Member

But... that would be moving it to a completely separate forum. That shouldn't happen. Maybe shift it (if that's what's needed, but personally I don't think it's that bad) to the NACA board on this forum, while it's still up and running. Once that board is archived, then surely contentious political/news items should simply be deleted? The rules on here are reasonably clear. I don't think admin/mods should have to read through mountains of crap to decide whether or not to move it to another forum. Bin it if it doesn't meet the rules of CC, end of problem...

winjim

Smash the cistern
CCNACA is a different website with a different membership (albeit a subset of the regular CC membership). Nothing's getting moved, it'll just get locked and/or deleted.

.....and senior male CC members can joke about the pleasures of having multiple sexual partners (3-somes I think the word was) at the same time. I know Shaun calls this a family friendly forum - but I don't think he meant friendly in that way.

I think in the cafe we're allowed to post just images so ...

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Ah, so it was simply an argument you were after, so I'll leave you to it.

At the end of the day, the posters on this thread and mods seem to be able to understand the difference between the large and small P, so I'll leave you to wonder, or for someone else to explain it to you. :hello:

As pointed out upthread, it's not so much content but behaviour and phraseology, particularly the use of denigrating and patronising language, that upended NACA as a forum on the main board.

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

I don't think you can speak for us all, @jowwy

Personally, I think rather than start threads about it, if you believe there is any material, political or otherwise, that is against CC rules, you should simply report it, rather than start threads about it.

What I think we can all agree on is that there is much we don't agree on. Naturally, you may not agree with that!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I don't think you can speak for us all, @jowwy

Personally, I think rather than start threads about it, if you believe there is any material, political or otherwise, that is against CC rules, you should simply report it, rather than start threads about it.

What I think we can all agree on is that there is much we don't agree on. Naturally, you may not agree with that!
i believe i said we all agree....i didnt say i speak on behalf of all CC members, but as with others in this thread, you just want to court argument out of nothing

personally i think if you dont want to see what i post, you can do what many CC members have done ( and discussed between them ) and put me on ignore......

what we do agree on, is i don't particularly care what you think

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I'm not sure who you think you agree with @jowwy but I do think that you're demonstrating behaviour condemned by yourself above here.
so me not caring what you think is " condemned behaviour" - get over yourself....

and i agree with quite a few posters in this thread that quite clearly believe the post " worrying news" is both political and news, which is no longer allowed on CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom