Calais to Annecy and Geneva

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Inspirational @Cathryn!.

Daughter No4 has just entered the "dumped" phase, after "unsuitable boyfriend" phase, I have sent her a link to your podcast.

She does running, and, has a bicycle.

Fingers crossed, I have high hopes ;)

PS. No pressure.

Oh bless her! Those are difficult days! I hope she is okay! It was genuinely the best thing that ever happened to me! I got into the outdoors, met my husband and had the good sense to realise that he was a Good Thing and not to be let go! Send her my love.

(This is also a great time to get her on a bike!)

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We were there a few weeks ago, 1500 miles round trip (but we cheated and enjoyed some Germanic comfort) probably the best holiday we’ve ever had.

View attachment 661798

View attachment 661799
GUTTED I missed this!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
A wonderful listen - except for the contents of your first aid kit!
I liked the 'enthusiasm to make up for a lack of talent' comment, - although I'm stumped as to what talents we do need^_^

The back story was enjoyable too with the virtual ride to Annecy. I think that's a great idea for anyone with a bit of a dream.
I'm looking forward to reading the CGOAB journal
A very enjoyable and inspirational listen. Well done.

Thank you so much! And my first aid kit is already improved and will never be so poor again.

And my first aid kit is already improved and
And you a teacher!! ^_^^_^

On a slightly different note, I couldn't help but notice how many times you expressed gratitude and how you felt "lucky".

I was given the advice some years ago to stop and think at the end of my day for all the things I was grateful for. (Some days it was a lot harder than others!^_^ ) But I firmly believe it has had a positive effect on my outlook and is an essential bit of my "head maintenance" kit on tour.

It's something that most starting out in touring cannot comprehend, especially if their head is filled with all the potential problems and disasters, logistics and deadlines.

"Go with enthusiasm, remember how lucky we are and be grateful for what we get" is a bit long winded for a motto but expresses the important points of a tour, for me.

Well done and thank you again.

Top Bottom