Callander Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Maybe cause there will be 3 of you ;)

Wish I could join you guys
Man up and do it.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
aye...nothing like very steep learning curve ahe...lol

Somebuddy

Über Member
I travelled up to Aberfoyle on Saturday and cycled up the Duke's Pass and around Loch Katrine. As I was climbing the pass another cyclist came alongside and we started chatting. He was going the same way, so we stuck together around the Loch. It was 30 miles around and back to town. I stopped less and went at a faster pace because of my younger, fitter companion. So it was a bit of a workout for me. It's funny how things just happen. I'm glad I met up with the other guy. It was a good day out. I have now decided that I was dreaming too big when I registered for the 87 mile route. I'm definitely going to downsize to the 54 and will enjoy it more. The around the loch section is not a walk in the park. It has a few up and downs.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I'm still down for the 87. Just got my new bike, so hoping that the 87 is doable...

Is the 87 a difficult route?
depends how fit you are...its a good route on mixed roads and should be ok if you are at a good level of fitness for this time of year

Somebuddy

Über Member
Email from evans states that gpx file for the route will be available for download by 7pm on 27th. I'm not seeing the link on their web page. Can anyone help?

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Email from evans states that gpx file for the route will be available for download by 7pm on 27th. I'm not seeing the link on their web page. Can anyone help?
Keep a eye in the evans ride it blog, am sure they get posted on there

Top Bottom