Callander Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I thought the cut off was 5pm? Can you just keep going?

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
@Dibs Are you going solo? Are you going to try the 87 miles? Are you fit?

I'm not, and not prepared, but if you are doing it as a kind of 'I'm doing the 87 and may die trying!!!!' mentality, I may just be up for joining you!

Dibs

Veteran
@Dibs Are you going solo? Are you going to try the 87 miles? Are you fit?

I'm not, and not prepared, but if you are doing it as a kind of 'I'm doing the 87 and may die trying!!!!' mentality, I may just be up for joining you!

Kind of sums me up... :-)

I'm up for meeting up and seeing how we go! What time you getting there at? I'm aiming for as early as possible!

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Kind of sums me up... :-)

I'm up for meeting up and seeing how we go! What time you getting there at? I'm aiming for as early as possible!

I'm only just deciding to definitely do it, so probably the same time as you! Do you think you can do 87? My most so far was 54 and that didn't have a big massive hill!! I'm no quitter however!!!!:cheers:

Dibs

Veteran
I'm only just deciding to definitely do it, so probably the same time as you! Do you think you can do 87? My most so far was 54 and that didn't have a big massive hill!! I'm no quitter however!!!!:cheers:

I'm sure we can manage it! I'm hoping to do 50/60 miles this weekend, so hope to be there or thereabout! It'll be hard going, but sure we can manage it! :okay:

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I'm sure we can manage it! I'm hoping to do 50/60 miles this weekend, so hope to be there or thereabout! It'll be hard going, but sure we can manage it! :okay:

Let's do it!

We could probably fit two bikes in the back of my Xsara mummy wagon with the seats down/out if you want to head up together?

I'm in Stratford this weekend but off work the week running up to the ride so can hopefully get match fit.

What's the worst that can happen?

Dibs

Veteran
Cool. ^_^

We are staying in Callander the night before so I can meet you there. We can arrange nearer the time.

I'll PM you my mobile number!

Somebuddy

Über Member
Guys guys guys......................... I had resigned to the fact that 54 was enough. I could manage that and enjoy the day out. Take some longish refreshment breaks! enjoy the craic, But now...............
am I gonna have to peddle like............. a super fast peddley person.
From 9am to 5pm = 8 hours, minus say refreshment breaks add up to 1 hour = 7 hours. 87 miles divided by 7 hours = 12 and a bit miles per hour, mmm
that is doable........... even with 4 panniers a tent and camping equipment onboard!, which we don't have. Hey things are looking good already!!

Top Bottom