Calling all dog owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't have a problem If you have to kill something humanely to stop it from suffering, but "bashing them against a tree" is NOT humane. I also don't have a problem if you use a collar that JUST "vibrates" on a dog's neck to help stop it, but not a shock collar, which is illegal here in the UK (has only been made illegal quite recently) BUT, have you actually read your post back? You sound like don't care at all about killing the rabbits, your only concern seems to be about the "mess" it makes "BASHING" it to death.

The only dog we ever had bit every stranger. When we arrived at the house way out in the country he was waiting on the doorstep so we kept him. He was ok with us but the postman had problems and the policeman who came on his bike in response to the postman’s complaint got bitten also. We were allowed to keep him as we were way off the beaten track and when we left the dog was left for the next tenant. A neighbour with a Bull Terrier fed him until they arrived. Wire Haired Fox Terrier by the way. I was only about age 5 at the time and took him for walks with only problem keeping him apart from the Bull Terrier but that is another story.

The above says it all

Skibird

I don't bash them against a tree. Because i get sprayed with gunge. I would have no problem with that. I am not sure why you would think that's not humane if it kills them quickly? Mine is a shock collar. Setting are nought to 60. I only needed to use it on 6. You uses a buzzer first before pressing the shock. I just use the buzzer now. Shock collars are still available mine is less than 8 months old. Please supply a link to the law that's says there not. They are considering ban them. By banning shock collars more dogs will be sent back to prison and invariably put down. A large proportion of dogs in homes are damaged. And not only because some have been mistreated. The mere change of owner damages a lot of dogs. Dogs should spend the majority of their time of the lead. The definition of cruelty is having to walk a Springer Spaniels on a lead at all times.
You may be right that they are "just" considering them as I can only find this link, which ties in with the timeline that I saw it, but if so, having a collar with the ability to shock should be banned as you should not have to hurt/abuse any animal to train it. I agree with much of what you say, just not how to resolve the issues, unless it was to use a shock collar on those people doing the abusing not the dogs that have been damaged by so called humans! https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cruel-electric-shock-collars-for-pets-to-be-banned--2

You may be right that they are "just" considering them as I can only find this link, which ties in with the timeline that I saw it, but if so, having a collar with the ability to shock should be banned as you should not have to hurt/abuse any animal to train it. I agree with much of what you say, just not how to resolve the issues, unless it was to use a shock collar on those people doing the abusing not the dogs that have been damaged by so called humans! https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cruel-electric-shock-collars-for-pets-to-be-banned--2
Again a damaged dog does not have to be abused to for instance run away every chance it gets. A few changes of ownership can do that. Someone in my village had an Australian herding dog. It was a rescue dog. It constantly escaped. Killing, for instance all of someone flock of chickens and attacking and seriously injuring other dogs. It got put down. Dogs home wouldn't have it back. I would have no qualms in shocking that dog OR any dog that attacked people. A bloke passes me in a car nearly every morning. He drives passed very very slowly. I had feeling he had run over a dog. Last Saturday he stopped to thank me for the way my dog behaves when he comes a long she moves to grass verge and sits down. He had run over a dog and in my village. The dog normally chased his van but one day ran up the passenger side and under the wheel. Shock collar, dog would almost definitely be cured of that dangerous behaviour and alive.

Skibird

Again a damaged dog does not have to be abused to for instance run away every chance it gets. A few changes of ownership can do that. Someone in my village had an Australian herding dog. It was a rescue dog. It constantly escaped. Killing, for instance all of someone flock of chickens and attacking and seriously injuring other dogs. It got put down. Dogs home wouldn't have it back. I would have no qualms in shocking that dog OR any dog that attacked people. A bloke passes me in a car nearly every morning. He drives passed very very slowly. I had feeling he had run over a dog. Last Saturday he stopped to thank me for the way my dog behaves when he comes a long she moves to grass verge and sits down. He had run over a dog and in my village. The dog normally chased his van but one day ran up the passenger side and under the wheel. Shock collar, dog would almost definitely be cured of that dangerous behaviour and alive.
You say the dog "normally" chased his van, that implies it's always on the loose, which in my eyes is down to the owners and they are the one's that should be held to account, not having to shock it to stop it because it's not contained safely by it's owners (I understand accidents can happen with dogs escaping). You will never convince me on the "shock" element of a collar, so we will have to agree to disagree, as sometimes some animals are just "bad" the same as some humans, but hurting them every time they missbehave is not the answer.

Top Bottom