Calling all dog owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Much more enjoyable than a boring bike ride :tongue:

20180911135146_IMG_5887.JPG

Much more enjoyable than a boring bike ride :tongue:

View attachment 429620
Oh it's one of those Back to the Future hover dogs, cool.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They're deciding whether to bad dogs from parks and playing areas(football pitches etc) in my area. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....-parks-play-areas-and-cemeteries-in-hyndburn/ Not exactly ban but in some cases order dogs to be on leads. I went up to my local park on Saturday afternoon. It was like being at Cruft's Dog Show! I'd say there were around 30 yapping/barking dogs up there. One old biddy has a 'sausage dog' that she lets run around the park ( for around an hour) constantly yapping at the grey squirrels up the trees. I bet those who live next to the park love it(!):rolleyes:. Some must have around 4 or 5 dogs in tow. :thumbsdown:

potsy

Rambler
They're deciding whether to bad dogs from parks and playing areas(football pitches etc) in my area. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....-parks-play-areas-and-cemeteries-in-hyndburn/ Not exactly ban but in some cases order dogs to be on leads. I went up to my local park on Saturday afternoon. It was like being at Cruft's Dog Show! I'd say there were around 30 yapping/barking dogs up there. One old biddy has a 'sausage dog' that she lets run around the park ( for around an hour) constantly yapping at the grey squirrels up the trees. I bet those who live next to the park love it(!):rolleyes:. Some must have around 4 or 5 dogs in tow. :thumbsdown:
Strange attitude for someone who's own dog barks all day in the home :headshake:

If you choose to live next to a park you must have an idea rhat it will be a little bit noisy, all those bloody cyclists doing laps of the place must be quite annoying too :tongue:

potsy

Rambler
As she's in when you are out, maybe she knows better?

My own dog hasn't been left alone yet so I'm not sure what he will be like, I'm sure my neighbours will let me know once it happens :whistle:

Dog gets 20 minutes in the morning 2-3 hours at night. The night is normally 50% of road. She can walk at 8 miles an hour so keeps up with ease. Couple of ponds thrown in. Stopping at various woods for her to look for pheasants pigeons etc. No fur allowed but she is getting on my tits at the moment catching myxse rabbits. I have to kill them and bashing them against a tree sends the gunge everywhere including on me. So I have to ring there necks which means my gloves are covered in it. Sod it time for the shock collar. Not overly fond of the trailer but as in all moving vehicles she curls up and goes to sleep. I think she has moving vehicle sleeping sickness.

Last edited:

Kryton521

Über Member
When I can, I'd like another dog. Either Staffie. Or Hungarian Viszla, which I'd take on gravel rides and mtb'ing but that's a day in the future. For now I continue to mourn for my last two.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 6

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The only dog we ever had bit every stranger. When we arrived at the house way out in the country he was waiting on the doorstep so we kept him. He was ok with us but the postman had problems and the policeman who came on his bike in response to the postman’s complaint got bitten also. We were allowed to keep him as we were way off the beaten track and when we left the dog was left for the next tenant. A neighbour with a Bull Terrier fed him until they arrived. Wire Haired Fox Terrier by the way. I was only about age 5 at the time and took him for walks with only problem keeping him apart from the Bull Terrier but that is another story.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Dog gets 20 minutes in the morning 2-3 hours at night. The night is normally 50% of road. She can walk at 8 miles an hour so keeps up with ease. Couple of ponds thrown in. Stopping at various woods for her to look for pheasants pigeons etc. No fur allowed but she is getting on my tits at the moment catching myxse rabbits. I have to kill them and bashing them against a tree sends the gunge everywhere including on me. So I have to ring there necks which means my gloves are covered in it. Sod it time for the shock collar. Not overly fond of the trailer but as in all moving vehicles she curls up and goes to sleep. I think she has moving vehicle sleeping sickness.
Are you in the UK? You do realise shock collars are illegal. Before you even think about using it on the dog, use it on yourself first.

Skibird

You sound like such a kind, caring and empathetic person..............................NOT!

Are you in the UK? You do realise shock collars are illegal. Before you even think about using it on the dog, use it on yourself first.
A they are not illegal and never have been. Supply evidence to the contrary.
B Of course I have used it on myself.
C I have bought pac dog 2 (£230). Setting are 0 upto 60. I only use it at 6 which on my neck is a vibration you could even call it ticklish. The dog has fur which dissipates the "shock". Also there is a buzzer which you use first. In other words I don't use the "shock" (anymore) as the buzzer is all that's needed. The dog is obsessed with hunting. I have no problem with that as longs as it's feathers not fur and she ceases on command. I would rather her be shocked at 60 than be run over. Which would you prefer?
With a whistle I can make her sit at 200 yards and stay sat for as long as I want...as long there is nothing to hunt visible.
I will continue to use the collar whenever it pleases me.

You sound like such a kind, caring and empathetic person..............................NOT!
As above.
What's your problem? Me killing myxse rabbits which are dieing slowly and painfully. Or the shock collar. Reference the latter no doubt you are the type of person who would rather there dog be run over than it wear a shock collar??

Last edited:

Skibird

As above.
What's your problem? Me killing myxse rabbits which are dieing slowly and painfully. Or the shock collar. Reference the latter no doubt you are the type of person who would rather there dog be run over than it wear a shock collar??
I don't have a problem If you have to kill something humanely to stop it from suffering, but "bashing them against a tree" is NOT humane. I also don't have a problem if you use a collar that JUST "vibrates" on a dog's neck to help stop it, but not a shock collar, which is illegal here in the UK (has only been made illegal quite recently) BUT, have you actually read your post back? You sound like don't care at all about killing the rabbits, your only concern seems to be about the "mess" it makes "BASHING" it to death.

I don't have a problem If you have to kill something humanely to stop it from suffering, but "bashing them against a tree" is NOT humane. I also don't have a problem if you use a collar that JUST "vibrates" on a dog's neck to help stop it, but not a shock collar, which is illegal here in the UK (has only been made illegal quite recently) BUT, have you actually read your post back? You sound like don't care at all about killing the rabbits, your only concern seems to be about the "mess" it makes "BASHING" it to death.

I don't bash them against a tree. Because i get sprayed with gunge. I would have no problem with that. I am not sure why you would think that's not humane if it kills them quickly? Mine is a shock collar. Setting are nought to 60. I only needed to use it on 6. You uses a buzzer first before pressing the shock. I just use the buzzer now. Shock collars are still available mine is less than 8 months old. Please supply a link to the law that's says there not. They are considering ban them. By banning shock collars more dogs will be sent back to prison and invariably put down. A large proportion of dogs in homes are damaged. And not only because some have been mistreated. The mere change of owner damages a lot of dogs. Dogs should spend the majority of their time of the lead. The definition of cruelty is having to walk a Springer Spaniels on a lead at all times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom