Calling all dog owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm lucky that Robbie is quite happy to be left in his own for a bit, and that Mrs ND is usually about when I'm out on the bike anyway.
Although he does get very clingy when he sees I'm ready to go out on the bike, bringing me toys to play with, or clambering on my lap. :laugh:

You might also think I've been away for a month when I get back, as he's so pleased to see me! :laugh:

Yes that's not on and totally out of order and has nothing to do with crate training. The other plus for us is when on holiday in a new place he'd spend most of the holiday being freaked out. Now once his travel one is set up he see's it , check's i've set it up right and then he's all chilled ready to take on new walks and the odd paddle in the sea.
The odd one or two doggie ice-cream's help's too.Well it is his holiday as well after all :smile:

We do the same with Robbie, to the point where he takes himself off to his crate ^_^
We also take it on holiday with us for the same reasons.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What do others think about dog perfume/fragrance? I bought some for mine the other day. It's called Opuppium :rolleyes: and it just smells like the human female fragrance called Opium. I asked the dog groomer if they had male fragrances as well as female ones. She sold me the Opuppium but i realised when i'd got back that the human version is for women. He's worn it a few times but it's a bit over poweringxx(,maybe 'cause i put too much on i suppose.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
My spaniel was house trained in 4 days. The crate has almost everything to do with that and lightning reflexes on my part. Reading the animal helps. Her crate was her safe haven and chill out zone which she loved. Off limits to the kids when they were little. I covered it in a blanket and it was like a little cave. The door was open most of the time and she would wander in and out of her own accord.

Fantastic system. I now use it for a chicken hospital or transport cage.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
@Fab Foodie Is getting one for for new whippet puppy Basil.
20180909_083234.jpg

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
What do others think about dog perfume/fragrance? I bought some for mine the other day. It's called Opuppium :rolleyes: and it just smells like the human female fragrance called Opium. I asked the dog groomer if they had male fragrances as well as female ones. She sold me the Opuppium but i realised when i'd got back that the human version is for women. He's worn it a few times but it's a bit over poweringxx(,maybe 'cause i put too much on i suppose.
You must be joking Accy. Perfume for dogs? How much did that cost you?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
£6.03 for 100ml. Why the 3 pence i don't know. :smile: It doesn't smell as nice on him as the minty smelling one the groomer puts on, but they seem to be a bit vague with their answers of where i can buy it. Maybe it's a trade secret.:secret:
Well I suppose it's better than that "wet dog" smell xx(

simonali

Guru
Definitely. I either do one or the other, as a two hour walk followed by a two hour bike ride or VV) in one day is just too much time out of the day. Unfortunately it always seems to be my turn to walk the dog!

Chappy

Guru
Walk first thing then ride x

Same here. Saturday for example the dog will get a good walk and fed. I can go out on the bike for a good few hours and when I get back he gets fussed and let out to run around the garden. He then has his usual walk in the evening.

Top Bottom