Calling all dog owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Why don't you try bikejoring?
http://www.bikejor.com

c5522338c16fcd9fcb0b2e1be523aa3f--pull-it-sled.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
No, I get my boy walked early doors.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I am ‘between dogs’ at the moment. She came to work with me and was a massive part of my life and the lives of the kids. We miss her since she died suddenly. We have always had dogs.

But I will be brutally honest: I now enjoy my cycling more and my fitness and mileage has increased exponentially. I have been able to take up Audax too.

It’s a tough call, but you need to know what you want from your life. I am enjoying a break from the tie.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Toffee puts his sad face on when I get the bike out. Same sad face when I go to work. Now there is just me, I don’t have long evening rides, just shorties.
Chap and I have walked to the river path with MTBs and he has run along beside, when we start riding, very happily. He can’t go far as The Ouse is one side and the Relief Channel the other.

Now the ex lives elsewhere, my mileage is halved but that’s ok.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Is having a dog affecting your cycling? The reason I am asking is because I find that since we have Molly, I spend more time walking the dog which affects my cycling time.:blush:
I know it is still exercising but I must make more effort to get on the bike.:bicycle:
How do you balance the two? :sad:

Well, imo dog walking is far more exciting than cycling so I'd say get more miles in with the dog and cycle whenever you can.

Skibird

Had dog's for so long, it's just routine. Up, shower, dog walk of 1hr+, breakfast, work etc for a couple hours, bike ride (every other day). 2nd 1hr + dog walk late afternoon/early evening....................................never been fitter, and I can eat anything/everything I want, which at 5'3 is brilliant as I could NEVER diet! :hungry:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I trained my Springer to travel with me on the rear rack. She used to run along side, but that wasn’t great for her joints. I’ll try and find a photo.

Over on the CTC forum I don’t remember getting a particularly positive response about this.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think it depends how many hours in a day you have to be able to use for recreation, all last year our son whose dog it really is was in New Zealand, I found it very difficult to get up at 6am, drive to work, not get home till 5:30pm, take the dog for an hour & then feel like going for a ride. Now he's back & currently without a job it's his responsibility to take her, so I get to be able to ride at least 2 nights a week.

D

Deleted member 26715

I trained my Springer to travel with me on the rear rack.
Over on the CTC forum I don’t remember getting a particularly positive response about this.
If she's happy to do it, I see nothing wrong with that, she'd soon jump off if she didn't like it, Springers have a weird mentality. I was once on the shed roof recovering it, ours had managed to climb up the ladder & was happy to sit on the roof at the side of me, although she couldn't get back down.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I am ‘between dogs’ at the moment. She came to work with me and was a massive part of my life and the lives of the kids. We miss her since she died suddenly. We have always had dogs.

But I will be brutally honest: I now enjoy my cycling more and my fitness and mileage has increased exponentially. I have been able to take up Audax too.

It’s a tough call, but you need to know what you want from your life. I am enjoying a break from the tie.
Indeed. I've never done fewer.

tom73

Guru
It maybe a tough call but as much as we love our bike's. They won't sit waiting at the door and meet you with a smile when you've had a crap day. They don't keep you company on a cold winter's night when the Mrs is on night's. They don't stand by you though the good and the bad time's. They don't do them things that make you smile and yes they wind us up at time's too. For every thing else we have a bike :smile: . You can easily have both and enjoy both it take's time to get thing's to fit. If you need to change thing's around then give it a go your four legged friend may get the hump for a bit but they will still come running when you need them.

Top Bottom