Calling all dog owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It maybe a tough call but as much as we love our bike's. They won't sit waiting at the door and meet you with a smile when you've had a crap day. They don't keep you company on a cold winter's night when the Mrs is on night's. They don't stand by you though the good and the bad time's. They don't do them things that make you smile and yes they wind us up at time's too. For every thing else we have a bike :smile: . You can easily have both and enjoy both it take's time to get thing's to fit. If you need to change thing's around then give it a go your four legged friend may get the hump for a bit but they will still come running when you need them.

Agree. In bags of gravy bones.

Complicated bit: Being the only adult in our household makes the shared ownership tough. My 16 year old is way too busy these days for it to be fair to expect her to muscle in and my nearly 9 year old doesn’t have the social confidence to walk a dog alone. They visit their mum on some weekends and that’s when I take the opportunity to Audax, so the dog would be left at a loose end.

I would love that canine companionship back again, but for now I wouldn’t be able to give them back what they deserve, so for now a dog is on hold.

tom73

Guru
Agree. In bags of gravy bones.

Complicated bit: Being the only adult in our household makes the shared ownership tough. My 16 year old is way too busy these days for it to be fair to expect her to muscle in and my nearly 9 year old doesn’t have the social confidence to walk a dog alone. They visit their mum on some weekends and that’s when I take the opportunity to Audax, so the dog would be left at a loose end.

I would love that canine companionship back again, but for now I wouldn’t be able to give them back what they deserve, so for now a dog is on hold.

@Heltor Chasca Can't fault you at all. When we lost our last dog we had some time out from all thing's dog to take stock and do the stuff that having a dog make's a bit harder. I'm sure you will know when it's the right time to let another furry friend loose on your life we sure did till then plenty of good time's to look back on :okay:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dunno.... only got our dog yesterday....

2E80CC4D-EA05-48F6-A773-2D1545866C60.jpeg
F852B88F-D486-4E91-86C8-4A2E50825D55.jpeg

Basil!

potsy

Rambler
Dogs are part of the family, the only place they don't belong in the house (imho) is in a cage.

View attachment 429354
Charlie hates being on the furniture ^_^

20180720_190424~2.jpg
20180729_105119~2.jpg

tom73

Guru
Dogs are part of the family, the only place they don't belong in the house (imho) is in a cage.

View attachment 429354

:smile:

By cage do you mean a crate ? If they are not for you or more importantly your dog then that's fine. Mine has one and know's it's his own personal space / chill out zone. So when he go's in he know's no one will bother him. he was a bit of a fire cracker when we 1st got him and since crate training he's a much chilled out happier dog knowing he can just take him self off to his den when he feel's like having some own time. He's has two other bed's as well in the front room so he's free to pick. Only time it's lock is once he's settled before we go to bed. We've had a few issues in past and that has fixed it saying that now it's left open more often than not he's too lazy to care these day's.

Cavalol

Guru
If they go in because they want to, then fine. It’s more people who seem to think buying a dog is a great idea, but then lock them in a tiny prison cell because they can’t be arsed to look after or train them properly.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Molly has a crate but she only goes there at bed time and she goes there by herself. The rest of the time, she is with us.

tom73

Guru
If they go in because they want to, then fine. It’s more people who seem to think buying a dog is a great idea, but then lock them in a tiny prison cell because they can’t be arsed to look after or train them properly.

Yes that's not on and totally out of order and has nothing to do with crate training. The other plus for us is when on holiday in a new place he'd spend most of the holiday being freaked out. Now once his travel one is set up he see's it , check's i've set it up right and then he's all chilled ready to take on new walks and the odd paddle in the sea.
The odd one or two doggie ice-cream's help's too.Well it is his holiday as well after all :smile:

Top Bottom