Calling dog owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Greyhound here, and it all depends if she can be arsed to get off the sofa, or indeed open one eye. (Two eyes would be pushing her exercise levels and is usually reserved for her daily 5 minute amble, weather permitting of course. ) View attachment 486871
She does have snuggle pillar though.
I would rather like snuggle pillar for myself. Stuff the dog! Actually Toffee would love this. It would live in his basket and he would curl around it.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Synthetic or organic, there's no way a dog's stomach will break down those fibres. They can dissolve bone because of the alkaline/acid relationship of the two inside the stomach, but cellulose and lignin is not digestible by dogs. If ever you've had to pull strands of grass from your dog's arse, that should convince you.

Rope is dangerous for dogs. Period.
Nope never had to pull grass out of any of my 5 dogs bums.

keithmac

Guru
One of the joys pulling grass out of your dogs rear end!. Both ours love the fresh grass early summer (apparently it tastes nice and sweet)..

my mrs would buy a new toy every week if she could :stop: she gets those stuffed toys and they last 2mins, then the stuffings ripped out and on the floor. i was tripping over about 4 different balls the other day!
if i see it hasn't been played with in a while i just bin it now, or put it away

Proto

Legendary Member
Have to confess to hardly ever buying toys for our dog, Lexie the Lurcher (greyhound/collie cross).

Current favourite is her frisbee which she chases and catches mid air. The current one floats, previous one didn’t and was lost in a river in France somewhere when she dived in to cool down, dropped the frisbee and it sank beneath the water, much to her bewilderment.
Footballs don’t last very long, get punctured and deflate, but she doesn’t seem to mind, as long as it’s kickable and she can play goalkeeper.

That’s about it, frisbee and a football. Oh, and tennis balls and a thrower thing. Black missile chasing the ball. She even brings it back and puts it at your feet.

My dog steals my Y fronts put the laundry basket - gods honest truth! Perhaps the meaty smell attracts him?

Mine has thing for socks. Not clean ones just well worn ones.

Smudge

Veteran
My dog finds cat shoot irresistible. Go figure.

Many dogs will eat cat crap, mine included. Its the high meat content in cat food. Also bigger dogs i've had in the past, that can reach inside the toilet, will happily drink out of it. Also, fox crap is like Chanel No 5 to dogs and they will happily roll in it to get that disgusting smell on them.

keithmac

Guru
Many dogs will eat cat crap, mine included. Its the high meat content in cat food. Also bigger dogs i've had in the past, that can reach inside the toilet, will happily drink out of it. Also, fox crap is like Chanel No 5 to dogs and they will happily roll in it to get that disgusting smell on them.

Our first Lab isn't bothered by fox poo, youngest is a "roller" though and it bloody stinks when she does it!.

rivers

How far can I go?
My dog isn't a chewer, so only when I see something she might like, normally a ball or food puzzle. She doesn't even chew on her doggy toothbrush, she just licks it. But if it's not a ball, food, or a puzzle filled with food she shows no interest. She's weird, just like her owners

This is the only thing she destroys. Not all that interested in toys although does have some sort of furry animal with an annoying squeak which she has had for a few years. She plays with it for 5 minutes most nights after she has eaten. Frisbee, tennis balls and gun dog dummy generally go undamaged although all she does is retrieve them.

Top Bottom