Cambridge cyclists to face course or fine if they break law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The cyclist could have been on his way to hospital where his wife was giving birth. Then he's impeded by some vigilante knobber who drives around using a small truck to "punish" what he sees as wrongdoing. Leave it to the cops or the roads will be chaos with idiots reprimanding each other. What next, chuck bricks at speeding drivers?

You just said the driver blocked the rider with his vehicle. I'm of the opinion that it would be better if we didn't have silly beggars playing about on the road blocking people who upset them, you may disagree.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Riding in London I get this more often than I'd like. A car driver decides that what I've done (normally riding along minding my own business, I'm surprisingly law abiding on a bicycle the vast majority of the time) is *WRONG* and so they punish pass and finish hugging the kerb. I tend to just go round them on the outside, they're in traffic (it's London remember) and do my best to ignore them. Sometimes if they've made me feel really petty I take primary (I'm only holding them up until we reach traffic again anyway, London, remember) although I often don't like myself afterwards :-)

Of course, there was the MPV that was so desperate for me not to go inside him at the junction (a junction I'd never go inside on, far too dangerous) that he not only hugged the kerb, but bounced his back wheel off the low bollard thing when he mounted the pavement and tried hard to flip his car. Oh how I smirked.

I get it with cars driving on the wrong side of the road. They resent being impeded, even if they're driving toward me, so I have to dive further over to avoid them. It's stupidly reckless, sad impotent people bullying people with their vehicle.

Top Bottom