Campag front mech question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First post in a loooong time here. Happy Sunday CC'ers. So. Yesterday i was bombing down a hill full gas, when all of a sudden my chain found itself wrapped in a knot around my crankarm (should've taken a photo). After a bit of puzzlement at how my chain had achieved a houdini like escape, it seems that my front mech's lower join between the front and outer plates had cracked so the chain could escape the mech and go on adventures of its own in a bid for freedom.

I almost pulled the trigger on a new 2017 mech, but realised new Campag front mechs might have different cable pull than old ones and i'm not sure what is compatible or not. So....the question for Campag experts is...... What years front derailleurs are compatible with 2009 Super Record Ultrashift? I'm seeing info that 2011-2014 is different from 2015 onward, but what years work with 2009?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Front mechs (At least on doubles) are not indexed. In my experience everything works with everything else.

First post in a loooong time here. Happy Sunday CC'ers. So. Yesterday i was bombing down a hill full gas, when all of a sudden my chain found itself wrapped in a knot around my crankarm (should've taken a photo). After a bit of puzzlement at how my chain had achieved a houdini like escape, it seems that my front mech's lower join between the front and outer plates had cracked so the chain could escape the mech and go on adventures of its own in a bid for freedom.

I almost pulled the trigger on a new 2017 mech, but realised new Campag front mechs might have different cable pull than old ones and i'm not sure what is compatible or not. So....the question for Campag experts is...... What years front derailleurs are compatible with 2009 Super Record Ultrashift? I'm seeing info that 2011-2014 is different from 2015 onward, but what years work with 2009?

You need a 2009-2014 FD - the newer one will not work well with your existing lever.
It's still sold but on a different part code to previously as it's now classed as a spare part - you need one of the following:
    • FD-11SR2BSP
    • R0104905
    • Super Record MY11-14 braze-on front derailleur
    • FD-11RE2BSP
    • R0104915
    • Record MY11-14 braze-on front derailleur
    • FD-11CH2BSP
    • R0104925
    • Chorus MY11-14 braze-on front derailleur
There was a small change in 2011 hence the descriptions but any of these 3 mechs is designed to work with your levers.

You may struggle to find online - but any Campagnolo ProShop can order for you from the main UK distribution.

Campagnolo ProShop listing is available at www.campagnolo.com under "Shops" ...

Top Bottom