Campagnolo or Shimano on a Bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What model of Bianchi are you getting?

I love celeste and red but thats just a personal choice,

I have a celeste Oltre XR1 with Campag and have no issues with it, its quiet, smooth gear changing.

Southside Mike

Of course, not all speshs are black...

Anyway I agree - Bianchis should have campag

2016-05-14 10.56.54.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Why?

Like?

Celeste and Campag, because you are buying the history and romance of the brand, not buying value for money.

Alternatives - well there are plenty, despite the problems I had Canyon would offer the exact opposite of Bianchi. If you want similar then you have Willier and De Rosa, but brands like Van Nicholas or custom build offer many options.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bianchi and one day want to own one. It will be celeste and Campag though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Both Bianchi Frames and Campag components are made in Taiwan, nothing to do with Italy.
If someone wants a bike made in Italy then they are better off going to Condor, they definately do use a factory in Italy. Bianchis although they look pretty are way overpriced and people can get miles better value for money with other brands.
It's not just about vfm however if you see a bike as something beyond a utilitarian tool for example

Tin Pot

Guru

Didnt "find out" its common knowledge, its silly banging on in my opinion about Italian flair bla, bla bla when its so obviously nothing of the sort. The frames are Taiwanese and mass produced, nothing wrong with them, perfectly good etc. Why dont Bianchi just say our bikes are from Taiwan and mass produced and have been for years? it would be closer to the truth really. I think we know the answer.

It's all in your head, you're trying to solve a problem no one has, and it's irrelevant to the op.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Another vote here for Campag, though I've not used anything more recent than their 10 speed ultra-shift, which I love and have on 3 bikes. I think if you stick with Centaur and above you'll not regret it.

As Fab Foodie's case demonstrates there may come a point when you want to buy a stylish Bianchi jersey to wear when sat asride you spangly new steed, and though some modern teams ride Bianchi with Shimano kit, that kit is hidious and I guarantee you'll find much nicer jerseys with Bianchi and Campagnolo logos on it.

And of course you know that if you do equip a Bianchi with Shimano, you will be asked at some point why you did'nt spec it with Campag, whereas if you spec it with Campag you will get knowing nods of 'yeah he's done that right'. In the big scheme of things this does'nt really matter of course but could you live with this happening over and over again......really? It will haunt you. Do the right thing Rodders, you know it makes sense^_^

Both Bianchi Frames and Campag components are made in Taiwan, nothing to do with Italy.
If someone wants a bike made in Italy then they are better off going to Condor, they definately do use a factory in Italy. Bianchis although they look pretty are way overpriced and people can get miles better value for money with other brands.
I well remember going in a fair few Italian bikeshops and asking where various Italian branded bikes were made - not just Bianchi - and being told in with a straight face that they were entirely made in Italy.
It could have been because they were stupid but I rather suspect that they thought I - the foreigner - was.

Of course it was a stupid lie - not really a deal breaker and you have to be realistic in the modern world - but to some people bullshitting just comes naturally.

Top Bottom