Camping in northern Portugal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjb

Hi folks

Re-posting this from the Cafe so apologies if you've seen it twice....

Planning to take the whole summer hols off this year thanks to a banked leave scheme at my workplace. Idea is to tour round northern Spain and Portugal with car, trailer tent and bikes, ending with a couple of weeks by the coast in northern Portugal.

The only sites we've seen so far are mega sites with every facility under the sun, and prices to match (damn the Euro-Pound exchange rate:angry:).

Can anyone recommend any good campsites on the coast in northern portugal, anywhere from Lisbon upwards? Looking for a moderate level of comfort (i.e. electricity, decent washing facilities) but not necessarily bothered about swimming pools etc. Good cycling nearby a definite bonus!

Cheers

Simon

p.s. does anyone know a reliable way of changing your avatar - I can't get rid of my Christmas version!!!!!!! I've tried reloading the old one but it doesn't seem to want to save it.........

Percy

There are some about if you look - not too hard to find, especially on the coast. There's one in the little seaside town of Espinho, just south of Porto, which is worth a look. Fairly basic site but has all you need and is about 300 metres from the beach and the town, which is a lovely place to spend a day or so relaxing.

Ekdog

Here are a couple. Better late than never.

Aveiro: Parque do Campismo de Aveiro. In the Reserva Natural Dunas de S. Jacinto.

Foz do Minho: Camping de la Praia de Moledo. Located in a pine forest and 200 meters from a lovely beach.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ekdog said:
Here are a couple. Better late than never.

Aveiro: Parque do Campismo de Aveiro. In the Reserva Natural Dunas de S. Jacinto.

Foz do Minho: Camping de la Praia de Moledo. Located in a pine forest and 200 meters from a lovely beach.

Chocolate teapot anyone?:smile:

Top Bottom