Camping (without a car!) during "Stage 2"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Step 2 - not before 12 April
Business and activities
Step 2, which will be no earlier than 12 April, will see the opening of non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres. Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms will also reopen (but only for use by people on their own or in household groups); as will most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas. Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’). Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.
(that's just copy-paste from gov.uk! )

Anyone booked a campsite for that period? I've seen numerous places taking bookings, but most have warning text about toilets/showers
Subject to Covid restrictions being lifted we are taking bookings for arrivals from 18/04/2021 onwards. Subject to clarification from Government our toilets and showers may be closed between 12/04 and 17/05 - please contact us for further details.

Now maybe this is me ... but a campsite with no loos or showers isn't very attractive when compared to the rather cheaper wild-camping option!
I'm curious about the loos; if pubs can serve food/drink, presumably they must let their customers use toilets?
(So perhaps the answer is to find a pub-based campsite.)

Thoughts? Experiences??

(as an aside, AirBnB has loads of properties with "vacancies" during Step2 - but when contacted they confirm that they're not allowed until 17 May! (Step 3)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We stayed in a caravan on a campsite with no loos/showers last summer for a week! We had a loo in our caravan so it was fine and there was a lot of kitchen sink washes and hairwashes from the water tap in the middle of the campsite.

Also, we have an Airbnb booked for Aprll 12th (which we think we might make, I'm surprised they're being more cautious). We are of course fully prepared that it might not happen.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Step 2 - not before 12 April
Business and activities
Step 2, which will be no earlier than 12 April, will see the opening of non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres. Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms will also reopen (but only for use by people on their own or in household groups); as will most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas. Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’). Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.
(that's just copy-paste from gov.uk! )

Anyone booked a campsite for that period? I've seen numerous places taking bookings, but most have warning text about toilets/showers
Subject to Covid restrictions being lifted we are taking bookings for arrivals from 18/04/2021 onwards. Subject to clarification from Government our toilets and showers may be closed between 12/04 and 17/05 - please contact us for further details.

Now maybe this is me ... but a campsite with no loos or showers isn't very attractive when compared to the rather cheaper wild-camping option!
I'm curious about the loos; if pubs can serve food/drink, presumably they must let their customers use toilets?
(So perhaps the answer is to find a pub-based campsite.)

Thoughts? Experiences??

(as an aside, AirBnB has loads of properties with "vacancies" during Step2 - but when contacted they confirm that they're not allowed until 17 May! (Step 3)
Camping toilets are available and selling like hot-poop apparently...
'Wild Camping' is really being clamped-down on as a result of the tossers leaving their trash behind, it's near impossible to overnight for free these days even in a moho with all facilities. If you can hide/bivvy in woods, dunes and Audax hotels etc. you're probs fine. Campers are not wanted anywhere right now except on sites. :sad:
Some farmers etc are still allowing basic camping on their fields but again usually without facilities.
Many pubs allow overnight camping if you eat in the pub.

It ain't as free and easy as it once was....

If you can hide/bivvy in woods, dunes and Audax hotels etc. you're probs fine.
you're leaving out heaths, grass verges, open fields, pretty much anywhere with a bit of thought and discretion. I've camped on an Italian cinder football pitch, sort of like a tennis court. (that particular one is out now tho I'd say - place gone up in the world)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Unless you have your own self contained facilities, you aren't going anywhere on the 12th April. All the shared facilities on our static park are shut. Fortunately, being a static, it's all self contained, but public loos, laundry, swimming pool, gym etc are closed. Tourers allowed in self contained.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Take a trowel and dig for victory

dig-for-victory-poster-wall.jpg

Top Bottom