Can anyone recommend a decent saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reacher

if your going to go lucky dip , which you will have to realy , sella italia xo is a superb saddle
not the gel one ,

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
+1 for the old Brooks B17 [but it depends on your bum].

Had my B17 for 45 years it fits perfectly now.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I like my Fizik "ALIANTE GAMMA" nicley curved for comfort
Aliante_Gamma_Twin_Flex_Road_Bicycle_Saddle_Black_White__75739_zoom.jpg

I find saddles are such an individual choice. What is recommended by one person may not be something that would work for you. I would find a LBS that let's you buy a saddle, try it out for a time, then exchange it if it's not for you.

^^^ As above. All you have here are people recommending saddles that are comfortable for them. Nobody else here has your arse though - so any recommendations, although well intended, are absolutely worthless.

reacher

not realy , like the xo is widely used with a lot of new bikes sold and is a very good saddle at a very good price , you have to start some where so starting with one thats used a lot has no bad reviews particularly is as good a place to start as any ,
saying nothing is more worthless realy , this way the op can narrow down some choices

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Impossible question to answer, it took me 5 saddles until I found what worked best for me.

reacher

ok , then pick one at random ,
how ever theirs usually a reason that some products sell more than others , thats why ,

Chris S

Legendary Member
You can't always go by brand names. The unbranded saddle on my MTB was much more comfortable than the Selle Royale on my roadster. I wish I'd changed them over before I sold it.

Top Bottom