can i ask a personal question??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
But Monsiur Remmings does say first of all "....... and I'll be honest, it's a personal thing that I prefer as opposed to having hairy legs with lycra - in other words it's aesthetic, ......" and then goes on to list other advantages - that's fair enough, IMO.

Sure, I wasn't having a go at Monsieur Remmings, but at the assertion that shaving is easier than dealing with hairy legs in case of massages or roadrash. Neither of which stack up in pure time required terms.

I don't know in advance either. The point is that you shave what, two/three times a week?

once a week at most, during race season...

Sure, I wasn't having a go at Monsieur Remmings, but at the assertion that shaving is easier than dealing with hairy legs in case of massages or roadrash. Neither of which stack up in pure time required terms.

I mentioned falling off and cutting myself which I did last year and not having hairs in the way made a difference in terms of washing all the grit out and treating it afterwards. As for massage, I often give my self a quick rub down and if not me, then occasionally the finer half (although she hates the aesthetic, it is easier without hair).

And I did say that ultimately it was a 'look' thing...so time becomes immaterial as you make the time for it, same as you do for cycling itself.

VamP

Banned
once a week at most, during race season...

And get road rash also once a week? And spend how much longer treating hairy roadrash than shaved roadrash?

Ultimately it's your decision to shave, but you are not convincing me so far that it's mainly to make road rash treatment simpler.

I mentioned falling off and cutting myself which I did last year and not having hairs in the way made a difference in terms of washing all the grit out and treating it afterwards. As for massage, I often give my self a quick rub down and if not me, then occasionally the finer half (although she hates the aesthetic, it is easier without hair).

And I did say that ultimately it was a 'look' thing...so time becomes immaterial as you make the time for it, same as you do for cycling itself.

Sure, I have no problem with the 'look' thing. I just do not see the 'easier' piece. I also get road rash (a lot as it happens) and massage self, or get them from others. The degree of increased difficulty of treatment of roadrash or of massages is in no way proportional to the degree of effort it is to shave. IMO.

And get road rash also once a week? And spend how much longer treating hairy roadrash than shaved roadrash?

Ultimately it's your decision to shave, but you are not convincing me so far that it's mainly to make road rash treatment simpler.

I'm not out to convince anyone to shave or not, that's entirely up to them. But I've been there and done the road rash thing, and I know what works for me.... :smile:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Surely the point is .... shaved legs look (and feel) better. It then follows that if you have shaved legs it is easier to deal with road rash, massage and so on. It's a bonus :thumbsup:

Top Bottom