can i ask a personal question??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
Also...what is FTFY? Or am I being dim?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'm new to this cycling palaver and I recently went to see a well known comedian who did a bit of his set on a recent cycling adventure (any guesses who??) and was talking about waxing and it got me thinking...(in a not perverse way) about how many cyclists are waxed to whatever degree!! If it's not too personal question...anyone care to share?? And by share I mean tell us about it...dear god no photos hahaha!!!
Now it's your turn to answer the question :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I was rushed into hospital a couple of months ago, the paramedics shaved a few bald patches on my chest where they wanted to connect ECG electrodes. I thought about shaving the rest to match but can't be bothered, so for some time I will just look a bit moth-eaten. (Not that anybody other than NHS employees gets to see my chest these days ...! :whistle:)

davefb

Guru
I'm new to this cycling palaver and I recently went to see a well known comedian who did a bit of his set on a recent cycling adventure (any guesses who??) and was talking about waxing and it got me thinking...(in a not perverse way) about how many cyclists are waxed to whatever degree!! If it's not too personal question...anyone care to share?? And by share I mean tell us about it...dear god no photos hahaha!!!

oh man, that was funny... and I wonder how many people have contacted the place in question after his long advert :smile:

oh and no,,, though after the show I now keep wondering , hmmmmm ????

Arsen Gere

Über Member
The time when you appreciate shaved legs is when you come off. The ambulance blokes take seconds to clean out the grit and fag ends and can see the extend of the damage.
Try picking the scabs off a hairy leg.
Then there is when you finish a hard event and there is a massage on offer, Shaved legs make it easy.
Mine have been shaved for years and it's been useful many times.

clockhammer

For those that do shave their legs, where do you stop? Is the only solution to keep going so that you avoid looking strange? You can't stop when you hit the short line so you keep going, you can't stop when you get to the nether regions or do you "go around", if you have a hairy chest do you end up looking like you already have a jersey on? So many possibilities and a whole lot of images that are best forgotten.

Just to add though I haven't shaved anything apart from my face but the wife is enjoying my discomfort at the thought

Top Bottom