can i ask a personal question??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
For those that do shave their legs, where do you stop? Is the only solution to keep going so that you avoid looking strange? You can't stop when you hit the short line so you keep going, you can't stop when you get to the nether regions or do you "go around", if you have a hairy chest do you end up looking like you already have a jersey on? So many possibilities and a whole lot of images that are best forgotten.

Just to add though I haven't shaved anything apart from my face but the wife is enjoying my discomfort at the thought
(serious reply) - you stop just above the tan line, no need to go much higher. Try it - it feels and looks so much better. You don't have to shave your toes either!

Shave legs during the summer, have never waxed and I'll be honest, it's a personal thing that I prefer as opposed to having hairy legs with lycra - in other words it's aesthetic, but like some have said, you use less sun-tan lotion, they're easier to massage and if you fall off then the wound is easier to clean. Aerodynamics is rather a ridiculous argument not really taken seriously...

Come the winter my hairs grow back as I'm wearing warmers or tights and whilst it's quite scary seeing your own hairs protruding through lycra tights, I'd prefer that to wasting money shaving them when they're not seen.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
it is a good one, had me peeing myself (not in lycra I may add, that would just be wrong, although how do pro cyclists go for so long without peeing? ;-))
They don't!

D

Deleted member 1258

All natural here, I don't shave anything, I go to the barbers once in a while for a haircut, and once in a while I'll take the scissors to the beard, the Mrs complains if I let it grow too long, and thats it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The daily chore of getting rid of the stuff from my face is bad enough. Why on earth would I wish to punish myself further by attending to even more hideous parts of my body?

Edit:
<<<<<<<He's my twin brother...

VamP

Banned
Shave legs during the summer, have never waxed and I'll be honest, it's a personal thing that I prefer as opposed to having hairy legs with lycra - in other words it's aesthetic, but like some have said, you use less sun-tan lotion, they're easier to massage and if you fall of then the wound is easier to clean. Aerodynamics is rather a ridiculous argument not really taken seriously...

Come the winter my hairs grow back as I'm wearing warmers or tights and whilst it's quite scary seeing your own hairs protruding through lycra tights, I'd prefer that to wasting money shaving them when they're not seen.

This argument never convinces me - how often do you get a massage, and how often do you have road rash, compared to how often you shave the bloody things. I don't shave and often (though not always) am the only hairy one in the peloton. It's a fitting in thing, pure and simple. Ultimately it's about how much of a conformist you want to be.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
This argument never convinces me - how often do you get a massage, and how often do you have road rash, compared to how often you shave the bloody things. I don't shave and often (though not always) am the only hairy one in the peloton. It's a fitting in thing, pure and simple. Ultimately it's about how much of a conformist you want to be.
But Monsiur Remmings does say first of all "....... and I'll be honest, it's a personal thing that I prefer as opposed to having hairy legs with lycra - in other words it's aesthetic, ......" and then goes on to list other advantages - that's fair enough, IMO.

VamP

Banned
if you can tell me which races I will crash and get roadrash, I will only shave them before those events... :smile:

I don't know in advance either. The point is that you shave what, two/three times a week?

And this is coming from a bloke who covered himself with extensive roadrash twice in the last month. It's just not that much extra hassle to deal with hairy road rash.

Top Bottom