Can i use Pedigree Chum in a beef stew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I fancy making a beef and veg stew but i've no beef,which is a bit of a problem! I've just been to the shop as well. I just can't be bothered to get my bike out again and ride up and down that hill to the shop to go and buy some. The thing is,i've been donated loads of tins of dog food,for my mutt,by the local church. He's very fussy and only likes Asda Hero dog food. I know Pedigree Chum is very popular with the canine community but for some reason he just doesn't like it. I'm intending taking it to a local supermarket that has a drop off point for you to donate pet food to local stray cats and dogs homes, when i get the time to do so. My question is do you think it'd be ok to use some Pedigree Chum in my beef and veg stew? I've been told that the meat they use is mainly horse meat. I don't suppose it's much different to beef. I think hygiene standards are still observed for dog food the same way as they are for human food. If i boil it up any bacteria should be killed. What do you reckon?

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
No

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If you insist on driving with your poor eyesight, a lack of vegetables in your diet is the least of your worries.
Carrots are good for the eyesight,so i've been told.

classic33

Leg End Member
If you'd ever been anywhere near a rendering plant you wouldn't ask that question. Don't even think about it Accy, it's not fit for human consumption, only the French would eat it.
Didn't Murray Walker used to demonstrate just how good PAL was by asking for a fork, and eating the contents. When he was selling it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The method they use for preparing dog food isn't up to the same standard that is expected for human food.

On the other hand, Mr WD tried dog biscuits once. He said the black ones had more taste than any of the others, but none of them had what you would call taste. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom