Can i use Pedigree Chum in a beef stew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pplpilot

Guru
If it's not fit for human consumption I can only assume it would make you I'll. So on that basis why doesn't it make mutts I'll?
If you're one of those people that feel it necessary to call your pet 'my baby' or a 'fur baby' then I say eat it because if you ain't prepared to chow down on it yourself then you shouldn't expect your hound to.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
It doesn't matter how much dog food you eat, you still won't be able to lick the parts you can't reach.

Mind you, if you ask your dog nicely.....

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I saw a program years ago where they had a "professional dog food taster on. They blindfolded him and fed him different flavours of the firms brands he worked for. He guessed 5 out of 5 correctly. Many in the audience were retching, but he ate mouthfuls of the stuff calmly.and even commented how good it tasted.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nothing on youtube
D-F.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
I used to work in the petfood industry...and no, never ever would I eat it.

Our products went to Pedigree (who are or were part of the Mars group) Ingredients include...
Beef lung, straight from the abatoirs. I'm not sure it's even legal to sell lung now for human consumption after BSE became a big thing.
Blood, probably 100 gallon vats of concealed blood...again from the abatoirs.
Probably not for dog food but lorry loads of fish waste, heads, anything left after collecting etc.
Lots of 'meat for pet food is actually extruded 'paste made from all sorts of by products, ground through massive machines then formed into useable pellets. Transport, storage, handling, manufacturing...none of it meets requirements for human consumption and if you saw the processes involved....no way would you eat it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I used to work in the petfood industry...and no, never ever would I eat it.

Our products went to Pedigree (who are or were part of the Mars group) Ingredients include...
Beef lung, straight from the abatoirs. I'm not sure it's even legal to sell lung now for human consumption after BSE became a big thing.
Blood, probably 100 gallon vats of concealed blood...again from the abatoirs.
Probably not for dog food but lorry loads of fish waste, heads, anything left after collecting etc.
Lots of 'meat for pet food is actually extruded 'paste made from all sorts of by products, ground through massive machines then formed into useable pellets. Transport, storage, handling, manufacturing...none of it meets requirements for human consumption and if you saw the processes involved....no way would you eat it.
Sounds like Holland's Pies in Accrington.:unsure:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have tried it
It's like a pork pie with no meat and just cereal and gelatine
Quite tasteless really and I
Never understood why my dog liked it so much

Have you tried dog chews and such things? They taste of iron,so i've been told. As children we used to eat Bonio dog biscuits. Our great grandmother gave them to us a "treat". I think she was suffering from Alzheimer's or something:unsure:. Anyway,the wholemeal one was my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom