Can i use Pedigree Chum in a beef stew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I thought that it had to be fit for human consumption because many people feed their dogs or cats in the kitchen where human food is prepared and there's a possibility of it (even if only traces) ending up in the food we prepare for ourselves.

I'm sure Chris Evans or another eeDJit did it to prove the point.

I'm going to try some out the tin! I'll have a beer first to kill any bacteria that may be lurking. Wish me luck!

Don't forget to clean your teeth afterwards Accy

Screenshot_2017-08-19-21-32-06-1.png

johnnyb47

Guru
I once ate some cat food and ended up in hospital. Food poisoning wasn't the problem though. I end up hurting my neck whilst licking my ass.
On a serious note though Accy don't try eat dog food or any over tinned pet food for that matter. Working on farms for many years I've seen my fair share of still borns of cattle and they will be sitting around for days before the knackers wagon would come round to pick them up. They would all end up being processed for cat/dog food . Its certainly not for human consumption buddy.

pplpilot

Guru
I would prefer it warm,but i don't think the others would approve if i used the communal microwave to warm dog food up in.:unsure:

You said you'd try it out of the tin... everyone knows you can't put metal in a microwave... I do believe you are trying to wangle your way out of supper.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I used to work in the petfood industry...and no, never ever would I eat it.

Our products went to Pedigree (who are or were part of the Mars group) Ingredients include...
Beef lung, straight from the abatoirs. I'm not sure it's even legal to sell lung now for human consumption after BSE became a big thing.
Blood, probably 100 gallon vats of concealed blood...again from the abatoirs.
Probably not for dog food but lorry loads of fish waste, heads, anything left after collecting etc.
Lots of 'meat for pet food is actually extruded 'paste made from all sorts of by products, ground through massive machines then formed into useable pellets. Transport, storage, handling, manufacturing...none of it meets requirements for human consumption and if you saw the processes involved....no way would you eat it.

But he's going to cook it, which gets rid of all the nasties innit..

Make sure youtreat yourself properly Accy, and have a Bulls Pizzle for afters:mrpig::mrpig:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom