Can i use Pedigree Chum in a beef stew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Miss Goodbody ... doggy style... there's a quip in there somewhere, but I'm tired.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Does that mean you're food!
d2a28df839a3edddc7ee8f45083c077b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Joking aside, having read a rather good book on charcouterie I was delighted to see one of the described delicacies, cured pigs' ears seemingly on sale in Sainsburies. Luckily I spotted in time they were the leathery variety sold as dogs' chews in the pet food aisle rather than the the fine French delicacies I'd hoped for.

Drago

Legendary Member
Joking aside, having read a rather good book on charcouterie I was delighted to see one of the described delicacies, cured pigs' ears seemingly on sale in Sainsburies. Luckily I spotted in time they were the leathery variety sold as dogs' chews in the pet food aisle rather than the the fine French delicacies I'd hoped for.

The French will eat anything that casts a shadow.

classic33

Leg End Member
Picked up a raw one from a local butchers(present for a councillour).

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
He's a better entertainer than Brucie ever was.

Accy now bestrides CC like a Collosus. I used to think he really was a windowcleaner from Accrington but now I recognise him as the true heir to Bruce's mantle

I don't care the fact that he's actually a well paid QC from Ascot with both kids in private school. I'm enthralled by updates on his entirely fictional pear tree

TVC

I fancy making a beef and veg stew but i've no beef,which is a bit of a problem! I've just been to the shop as well. I just can't be bothered to get my bike out again and ride up and down that hill to the shop to go and buy some. The thing is,i've been donated loads of tins of dog food,for my mutt,by the local church. He's very fussy and only likes Asda Hero dog food. I know Pedigree Chum is very popular with the canine community but for some reason he just doesn't like it. I'm intending taking it to a local supermarket that has a drop off point for you to donate pet food to local stray cats and dogs homes, when i get the time to do so. My question is do you think it'd be ok to use some Pedigree Chum in my beef and veg stew? I've been told that the meat they use is mainly horse meat. I don't suppose it's much different to beef. I think hygiene standards are still observed for dog food the same way as they are for human food. If i boil it up any bacteria should be killed. What do you reckon?
Do it, we couldn't give a toss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom