Can somebody summarise helmet-gate for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

[QUOTE 3168913, member: 45"]No, you would have injured your face. As you would with all other faceplants.[/QUOTE]
No I have never injured my face or faceplants. So therefore I win the arguement because I was there...everytime. While you were not.

The inside padding on the helmet is an inch thick pushing my head/forehead back from the front of helmet

In that case the helmet is far too big.

Research by Rivara would suggest that a helmet with this much distance between skull and helmet would double the incidence of head injury when compared with a properly fitting helmet!

Your knowledge of helmets is a little lacking.

Personally I would bin it immediately and buy one that fits properly.....

Dan B

Disengaged member
I have a scar on my chin where there woud have been scratches on my helmet chinguard if the helmet I had been wearing when I crashed had had a chinguard. This is clear proof that helmets (do|do not) work and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot

Profpointy

Legendary Member
So do you agree that helmets would work to prevent head injury in a low impact collision... say with a kerb?

in some cases, yes, but they would also turn near misses into hits as head plus helmet is a good bit bigger.
Anyhow, surely you need to look at whole populations - let's say before & after compulsion in Australia or Ontario. Benefits if any should be clear. But apparently this doesn't show in the numbers - which is the main reason I stopped wearing a helmet

in some cases, yes, but they would also turn near misses into hits as head plus helmet is a good bit bigger.
Anyhow, surely you need to look at whole populations - let's say before & after compulsion in Australia or Ontario. Benefits if any should be clear. But apparently this doesn't show in the numbers - which is the main reason I stopped wearing a helmet

THanks - I am still interested in Brand's reply though....

[QUOTE 3168969, member: 45"]I have never cut my face on a bike while wearing a watch.

See where I'm going?....[/QUOTE]

You could if it was a GPS watch?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That sounds like you are accepting that I have never cut my face at all since wearing that helmet? would you like to edit that? I can do it in this reply as well!

I'm not disagreeing with you that you have never cut your face with that helmet.. but you could do.

brand

A few pages back I wrote " No one is suggesting that helmets are incapable of preventing some injuries". Although you quoted this, you clearly didn't read it.

No, I said my helmet protects my face while the majority have implied I am lying. Despite me providing the evidence i.e. the scratched helmet. How do the “it cannot protect your face” brigade suggest it got scratched?? Dieing to here what ludicrous scenario that all the " that helmet CANNOT protect your face" will come up with. Surprise me.

brand

Your forehead is not your face though.

Let me check....it appears to be part of it. isn't it part of your face. Have you had the top part removed to repair the internals and they haven't put it back. complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom