Can somebody summarise helmet-gate for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

P1010029.JPG
P1010029.JPG

brand

some people on this thread appear to be stupid. I said it protects my face thats it. see the scratches they did not get there any other way.

Last edited:

brand

I have worn a full face helmet in the past but always with the visor up!!!

Last edited:

brand

[QUOTE 3168833, member: 45"]So you have a helmet that does not cover your face, but that has scratches on it which would have been on your face had you not been wearing a helmet?

Wibble.[/QUOTE]
That top of the helmet hits first. My head then remains horizontal to the ground and my face doesn't come into contact with the ground. Common sense says that's the only way scratches got on my helmet and not on my face.
Wobble.

brand

[QUOTE 3168833, member: 45"]So you have a helmet that does not cover your face, but that has scratches on it which would have been on your face had you not been wearing a helmet?

Wibble.[/QUOTE]
The scratches would have started on my forehead and run down my face as they did when I wasn't wearing a helmet.

brand

The inside padding on the helmet is an inch thick pushing my head/forehead back from the front of helmet

brand

[QUOTE 3168901, member: 45"]Nonsense, in that example, unless you are without a nose.

I have a motorcycle helmet with damage to the chin part. That's evidence of face protection.[/QUOTE]
I have never had scratches on my chin. I win again. So you wear a motorcycle helmet is it because you have to or for safety reasons?
How did it get scatches on the chin? drop it?

brand

Are you actually interested in knowing why some are not convinced of the value of helmets? Thus far you have only shown an inclination to tell people your opinions.
Correct I am not interested in knowing why you are convinced that helmets have no value. it protects my face while you and the rest of the anti helmet brigade say it doesn't. That really shows no matter what evidence is put before you for protection from some injuries you will still be helmets dont work. Why don't you just say "I am hard I wont wear one"

brand

[QUOTE 3168922, member: 45"]Library no good then?[/QUOTE]
Ordered over internet. Librarian knocked on with them. Had some Andy Mcnab books but I am not hard enough to read them, I wear a helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom