Can somebody summarise helmet-gate for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

[QUOTE 3168987, member: 45"]Again, if you land chin-first, how is that helmet going to protect your face?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean again? You never asked that question before. I don't land chin first, if you go over your handlebars that’s unlikely. I can think of no scenario where you would put your chin out so you would land on it. Are you Bruce Forsyth? That’s not my fault.

Actually when you look at medical evidence, the British Dental Asssociation agrees fully that facial protection on helmets is woefully inadequate and advocates greater protection of the face extending coverage to the face.

After all there are cases where facial injuries have causd asphyxiation and death

But then again why listen to them, what do they know about facial injuries.....

brand

You don't read what people say to you. No one is saying that the helmet cannot protect your face, if you happen to fall right. Where your assertion falls down is your insistence that this will always be the case.

I have never actually said that it will always be the case only that has always been the case. While the majority is clearly saying it cannot be the case. IE I must be cutting my face...checked in the mirror not true I am only talking about protecting my face until I have been in another scenario I am unable to give an opinion. PS I like my helmet, it is sexy!

Last edited:

brand

I have never had scratches on my chin. I win again. So you wear a motorcycle helmet is it because you have to or for safety reasons?How did it get scatches on the chin? drop it?
Top counter argument to mine:-
[QUOTE 3168922, member: 45"]Library no good then?[/QUOTE]

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I have never actually said that it will always be the case only that has always been the case. While the majority are clearly saying it cannot be the case. I must be cutting my face...checked in the mirror not true

I accept that in the tests you've put your helmet to, you have never injured your face. Do you accept that your tests have not been exhaustive and that facial injury is entirely possible while wearing your style of helmet?

GC

Profpointy

Legendary Member
no wonder you keep having accidents if your helmet is in front of your face - you can't see where you're going.

Smart-arsed reply aside, the scratches don't appear to be on the bit where your face is - perhaps because the helmet isn't protecting that bit

brand

no wonder you keep having accidents if your helmet is in front of your face - you can't see where you're going.

Smart-arsed reply aside, the scratches don't appear to be on the bit where your face is - perhaps because the helmet isn't protecting that bit

Where my face is? Its in the helmet if the scratches were where my face was it would be my face.....derhhh does your head hurt? Rewrite that so it makes sense.
Not a smart arse reply more a n** head reply

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Where my face is? Its in the helmet if the scratches were where my face was it would be my face.....derhhh does your head hurt? Rewrite that so it makes sense.
Not a smart arse reply more a n** head reply

Ok - sensible reply. At risk of of speaking for others we find it hard to understand how scratches on sides and top of your helmet have somehow protected your face - protected other parts of your head maybe, but face ?

brand

Ok - sensible reply. At risk of of speaking for others we find it hard to understand how scratches on sides and top of your helmet have somehow protected your face - protected other parts of your head maybe, but face ?
There you go thats no to hard. the majority not saying find it to hard they are saying can't happen.
I hit the ground, helmet top hits first as will always happen as your head is higher than the rest of your body. My chin moves up and away from the floor not to the floor. My chin is moving towards my chest. the scratches show that.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
There you go thats no to hard. the majority not saying find it to hard they are saying can't happen.
I hit the ground, helmet top hits first as will always happen as your head is higher than the rest of your body. My chin moves up and away from the floor not to the floor. My chin is moving towards my chest. the scratches show that.
(my bold)

Yeah that happens every time you come off a bike, obviously. Which explains why I'm here with no head impact and a broken humerus after last week's off :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom