Can Tyson Fury win?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lars_engstrum

£50 at 4.3 to one.
He's the man. What a character.
The singing was so cool.
Listened on radio whilst doing a few bits and pieces. Expecting ridiculous decision given its boxing but I think Tyson probably would have cracked a judge or two.
Personally, boxing is in its dark ages. When it comes to combat sports mixed martial arts rules the roost.
If you haven't indulged check out some ufc, Bellator or cage warriors. This is the shoot. Sport doesn't get more basic, feral and professional at the same time.
The competitors both girls and guys are smart, skilled and the wide variety of personality leaves boxing in the doldrums I am afraid.
Night all,
Lars P. Engstrum

Stephenite

Membå
thats nonsense, MMA is very real, one of the fastest growing sports in the world...go into any club and see how real it is....
There are all kinds of fight clubs about the place. Thai boxing, mudo, wrestling, boxing, karate, etc. The list is endless. I don't know of any MMA clubs. Maybe there are MMA clubs where you live, but there aren't any here.

I have seen a little MMA on the telly. A bunch of travelling fighters enter a competition where they fight one another until the other one cries. They decide the winner. Then next week the promoters mix up the cast, and the same shoot happens. It is pathetic.

Tyson and Vladimir trained for six months for the one high stakes fight.

Stephenite

Membå
MMA is fixed. It's play-acting, and you know it is. There was no acting in Tyson Fury's show tonight. And you can't get two champions to knock each other out 60+ times in one fight!

Crandoggler

MMA is very real, as is boxing. You only need to watch 2 rounds of UFC to understand how very real it is. It's borderline moronic and totally unreasonable to say that it's play acting.

Lars_engstrum

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Mma in its many forms is without any doubt the most exiting, varied, athletic pursuit on the planet and it would be very interesting to see any of you nay-sayers in the ring with even a moderately skilled fighter male or female. You may think your tough but without the skill set it would be over within ten seconds.
Honestly,
Have a look on YouTube to get t some idea of the warriors these people are.
Cub Swanson is my personal favourite.
Welterweight I think.
Yours in an educational Sunday manner.
Dr Lars P Engstrum.

outlash

also available in orange
The skulduggery outside a boxing ring is as fascinating as the fight inside it.

As an example, the promoter Frank Warren was shot in the chest as he got out of his Bentley in central London.

His former fighter, Terry Marsh, was charged but later found not guilty.

[PEDANT] Warren got shot outside the Broadway theatre in Barking which isn't even in London, it's Essex [/PEDANT]

Tin Pot

Guru
You, and all sports fans, are on crack if you think your particular sport is somehow immune to corruption.

People will do anything for money and justify it later.

Top Bottom