Can you believe this????!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Get this... I'm riding my bike home from work, I'm on a roundabout and I'm turning right. As I go round, a guy in a 4x4 pulls up at the give way... I'm already on the roundabout, he's not... he wants to go straight on, but I'm coming around as I'm turning right, so he has to give way.
He only BLASTS his horn at me and gives me the two fingers!!!!
Can you fookin believe that??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so livid, I gave him every hand signal I could think of (which was only 3 but I made sure they were VERY effective by including the clenched fist in the elbow) and surprise surprise he drove off as he didn't want to confront me.
Fooking C*nt!
Has anybody ever had this???? How can he even justify that in any way???? Do I just attract these idiots. I'm shocked!

Give him the Nescafe signal back and watch him go livid.;)

At least the pr@t gave way. My last experience of a 4x4 at a roundabout was roughly the same as yours except the 4x4 came straight at me stopping inches from my side, its a good job I've got 40cm bars. The following car was so shocked it followed me into the housing estate to see if I was OK. When he offered to be a witness, I should have accepted but I was staying at my folks that night and didn't want the police at their door.

Crankarm

Guru
Was it a BMW X5 by any chance?

Be careful, he could have decided not to stop and driven straight at you. Or cut you off jumped out and tried to assault you. Not saying you were wrong I would probably have done the same, giving as good as I got, as you clearly did. In fact if it were me, BM et al (Lee, RT) would now be queuing up to flame me :smile:.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Crankarm said:
Was it a BMW X5 by any chance?

Be careful, he could have decided not to stop and driven straight at you. Or cut you off jumped out and tried to assault you. Not saying you were wrong I would probably have done the same, giving as good as I got, as you clearly did. In fact if it were me, BM et al (Lee, RT) would now be queuing up to flame me :smile:.

Not sure, he was already slowing down to give way as i came around the island so he had definitely seen me and i didn't think anything of it until he pulled out behind me and blasted his horn, when i looked behind to see him "signalling me". it's a funny island, it kind of slants on a hill and as you come out round it you start to climb, i'm not sure whether it was because i slowed down as i came around and he misjudged pulling out, maybe getting closer behind me than he envisaged, and then blaming me for slowing down??? not sure why he reacted like that, after already slowing down to give way??? what a pr!ck.
i was so mad... it actually made me madder than when some idiot pulls out because they weren't looking, because what the hell gives him the right?????

also, if he got out, he would have been faced with a very angry 6ft woman... and he wouldn't expect that LOL. once some bloke cut me up in a car, i blasted him with my horn and he stopped and got out. he was a short arse. so i got out and towered above him. comedy moment.

Crankarm

Guru
A Glasgi kiss :smile:?

Vincealot

I've had my fair share of arguements with MOTONs. One thing they've all had in common is they never pull over. They slow down and shout a few words from inside there protective shell. So far all seem to be afriad to step out and actually confront me.

As a security guard/doorman I'm very much used to confrontation. Maybe my confidence scares them. I'll probably get my teeth smashed in one day but I aint affriad and I will not be bullied by anyone driving a motor vechile!

jimboalee

Can you PM me a good description of the 4x4 and/or the driver.
I will keep my eye out.

Which RaB was it? Olton Tavern, I would suspect.... There's a 4x4 factory just by there....:smile:

jimboalee

I had a 4x4 following me quite closely.

At an appropriate moment, I waved him past.

We both pulled up at a set of lights and he wound his passenger window down and shouted "Thanks, cyclist".

I leant in his window and said "Nope mate. You're in a ( Sh!t heap ) Toyota and it might not be able to stop".

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
jimboalee said:
I had a 4x4 following me quite closely.

At an appropriate moment, I waved him past.

We both pulled up at a set of lights and he wound his passenger window down and shouted "Thanks, cyclist".

I leant in his window and said "Nope mate. You're in a ( Sh!t heap ) Toyota and it might not be able to stop".

Lol love it, did he say anything back?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Not had many 4 x 4 instances - mine are usually young lads in tinted-window Corsas and loud music.

I don't get livid though. It's kinda funny.

Top Bottom