Can you recommend a charcoal BBQ ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have a swanibraai around here somewhere. I usually use LP, but don't have one at the moment. Big rage in the Central Midwest States during the 1980's, marketed out of Chicago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBCrMDgeRY4
I got mine in original packing, unused, in a garage sale for a dollar. Very nice and efficient, a clean burner, could do with a lid or something. Portable enough to carry on the bike, if need be.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Oh, and I have a little folding BBQ that folds up and the lid locks on for travel. I keep threatening to put hardware on it so it can travel on a pannier rack.

Debade

Über Member
I have a swanibraai around here somewhere. I usually use LP, but don't have one at the moment. Big rage in the Central Midwest States during the 1980's, marketed out of Chicago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBCrMDgeRY4
I got mine in original packing, unused, in a garage sale for a dollar. Very nice and efficient, a clean burner, could do with a lid or something. Portable enough to carry on the bike, if need be.

GREAT! The only guy wearing clothes is the moderator. I was living in Milwaukee back then but do not remember this product. I think you paid a fair price.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
GREAT! The only guy wearing clothes is the moderator. I was living in Milwaukee back then but do not remember this product. I think you paid a fair price.
I do too, although it was a quality made safari grill, good steel and all, I doubt the claim that was made that it could cook things like sausages with just a page or two of newspaper. Oh, and the actors could outdo Raymond Massey at chewing the scenery.

keithmac

Guru
We had a great BBQ, have cooked for 20 on it in the past with no issues.

Got offered a new one a few years back, it's sh1te, awkward to adjust grill height an flimsy.

Shame I scrapped my original one..

Was looking into stainless steel ones a while ago but no much came up..

instead of one large BBQ how about several small ones, or even one per person?
Totally-awesome-..-unless-you-are-in-a-hurry.jpg

Top Bottom