Can you see cruise holidays ever recovering ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
For all of those decrying cruising holidays, what about the uncrowded luxury of a cruise on the 'Hebridean Princess'?
Quality. Probably shouldn't let them all into the secret though. :okay:
A converted 1960's car ferry :ohmy:.
If it's good enough for Her Maj, then I guess it would be ok for me :laugh:.
It comes into Largs on a regular basis. I think I would need to save up my pennies for a while, and probably sell several body parts, to be able to afford a few nights cruising around the Western Isles.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My parents were going to the Fjords in late May 2020, but have now rolled it over to Iceland in 2021.
I’m surprised they didn’t just ask for money back but they wanted to do their bit.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Me too.
We had friends who did 2 per year. They loved to take all the fancy suits and dresses plus sitting at the captains table.
I must say the photos of the food and various parts of the ships were impressive but not for me (or MrsD fortunately).

Does the Captain's Table still have those huge silver platters full of fish fingers on it?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The ferry from Denmark to Harwich was as much as I could stand. The thought of then being coerced into trips on land with a guide waving a red flag to view things you have no interest in. Its not my idea of a holiday.

On the other hand. A Nile cruise would be appealing. I like Egypt and if you didnt like the cruising, you could always jump ship and get a hotel.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i guess its all according who you cruise with, where you go and what you like in life.......i would never go to ibiza clubbing, benidorm disgusts me and sharm el sheikh no thanks.....

but i do love a cruise ship, with its 24/7 food, balcony views over the sea and setting sun, dolphins crashing around in the waves behind the ship, evening shows of comedy, song and acrobats..........chilling on the balcony while room service delivers a steak breakfast.

everyone is different and i for one can't wait to book up my next cruise, when safe to do so and wake up in a different country each morning.

Monaco, rome, lisbon, cartegina, barcelona, the canaries, madiera........all places i have cruised to and loved

MarkF

Guru
i guess its all according who you cruise with, where you go and what you like in life.......i would never go to ibiza clubbing, benidorm disgusts me and sharm el sheikh no thanks.....

but i do love a cruise ship, with its 24/7 food, balcony views over the sea and setting sun, dolphins crashing around in the waves behind the ship, evening shows of comedy, song and acrobats..........chilling on the balcony while room service delivers a steak breakfast.

everyone is different and i for one can't wait to book up my next cruise, when safe to do so and wake up in a different country each morning.

Monaco, rome, lisbon, cartegina, barcelona, the canaries, madiera........all places i have cruised to and loved

All our 3 kids got to choose where we went on holiday when they turned 16, the youngest son chose Benidorm much to MrsF's chagrin. We took out first cruise in Oct 2018 and tbh it didn't half remind me of Benidorm.^_^

jowwy

All our 3 kids got to choose where we went on holiday when they turned 16, the youngest son chose Benidorm much to MrsF's chagrin. We took out first cruise in Oct 2018 and tbh it didn't half remind me of Benidorm.^_^
like i said, its all according who you cruise with.........

Took a cruise to Norwegian Fjords with Fred Olsen.
Whatever we do in future we will never waste as much money for so little return as on that cruise.
Caged up, everything costs an arm and a leg, food and drink were **** and if you didn't pay extra for the trips you were treated as a second class citizen.
Wouldn't worry me if the whole shebang went tits up.
Only good thing is when the big liners come into Liverpool with their oversized and overdressed yanks they put an awful lot of money into the local economy very quickly.

dodgy

Surely even the regular cruise goers are looking at the environmental impacts now which are well understood and at least having pause for thought before going on another?
We see stupid stuff all the time, Bournemouth the other day for instance, but none of us would admit to doing that. So why go on a holiday that you know is harming the environment, and not just an 'ickle bit'?

jowwy

Surely even the regular cruise goers are looking at the environmental impacts now which are well understood and at least having pause for thought before going on another?
We see stupid stuff all the time, Bournemouth the other day for instance, but none of us would admit to doing that. So why go on a holiday that you know is harming the environment, and not just an 'ickle bit'?
like flying you mean.....aeroplanes do some damage to the environment too, with the huge runways and carbon foot print

Top Bottom