Can you sing, or do you just hum a lot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK, I gently rolled my way through the crowds heading for the gig - I work in Kentish Town for my sins (didn't know I had so many, mind...). Didn't know who was 'on' but it was the usual pleasant bunch of weirdos...I was pleased to be cycling away from the action.
Then this appeared..The Tube on the Tube!

Lovely! Good for this person - my attempt would clear any platform, and erasure would be on the minds of any folk within earshot. Would you do something of note like this?
There was an article in the Guardian the other day but I didn't pay much attention..

Video evidence of your efforts accepted. Entrants can look forward to c(h)oruscating commentary from the assembly on here.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I could never sing to an audience.... nor be comfortable giving a public speech... tried that enough times to accept it's not something I want to do.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm told (and I believe them :smile:) that I have a decent singing voice, but I have seldom (as an adult) 'performed' in public (was in choirs as a kid, busked a bit in my early 20s, sang some songs in a wine bar for cash in a 'one night only' band).

I've only ever done karaoke twice... the first time was in a packed bar in front of colleagues and others who would know me fairly well, and I did 2 songs... that night has gone down in history amongst those who were there...people still talk about it, 5 years later, and I'm still riding a cloud of kudos and admiration :becool:

The second was at my sister's 50th birthday bash... I did one song, I couldn't hear my own voice at all, I was booed off, and I'm told it was bloody awful :laugh:

compo

Veteran
I am an opera fanatic even though I cannot sing in tune or on pitch. I restrict my singing to when I am alone in my car or miles from nowhere on my bike!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I sing in choirs and do a bit of solo stuff, so at least I like to think I can sing :smile:

I can't get on youtube from this computer, but I think this link will work. It's a choral duet (I'm the tenor - second voice on this one)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6RoKznCO3o

and this is a cover of a Christmas song I did a couple years ago: -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_3s9FIl3Pc
Good stuff there @mcshroom :thumbsup:

My previous claim of having a 'decent singing voice' is now best seen in the context of relativity... ie mine is decent compared to Arthur Mullard, but crap compared to yours :thumbsup:

compo

Veteran
Top Bottom